Finally

Finally

A Story by Fiona Lindsay
"

Written based on a personal experience with my first boyfriend years ago, rediscovered when I was rifling through some old things. And yes, that little picture is us.

"
It was a fiercely cold December night. All four of their friends had already left, and now it was just them. Alone. This was all so new to them. They didn't know what to do, what to say, how to act. But, timid and all as they were, inside their hearts were pounding and their minds were racing. Neither of them had ever experienced anything like this before, this was completely new territory to both of them. They never knew an act as innocent as hand holding or wrapping their arms around each other could make them feel this way, but they had to go through a lot to get here, and now they were just happy. They had all they wanted, all they needed. They had each other.

"You're here, in my house," he said with a hint of shock in his voice. "I didn't plan on this happening, not for a while at least."
"I know we've only been together officially for a few days but we've been close for months now, it was bound to happen eventually," she said matter-of-factly. What she'd said was true, they had been best friends for months. They had even tried dating at the very beginning, but it didn't turn out like they expected it too. But this first break-up actually brought them closer together. Strange as it may seem, rather than parting ways after their split as a standard couple does, they instead became closer. Their friendship surprised many, shocked more, but confused most. However, they didn't care. They let their odd friendship blossom, and after some time it blossomed into something which neither of them had expected. He'd been the one to break it off, but ever since that day he'd started to fall for her all over again. Every day he saw her as more beautiful than the day before, and he began to find himself wanting to be with her all the time. As he found himself falling for her more and more each day, he began to see just what he had let go. So, after a lot of hint-dropping and fairly obvious signs (which in truth she had been completely oblivious to), they were finally back together. Today was the first time they had seen each other since it became official, and it'd been difficult to hide but now that they were alone they could relax. Now, they could finally enjoy what they'd both been waiting for for so long.

© 2017 Fiona Lindsay


Author's Note

Fiona Lindsay
literally just tear it apart

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was really well written and structural wise it is as solid as a rock. The way in which it started, it felt like one onf those movies you watch, where everybody disappears and you are wondering what comes next. Chemistry is such a powerful thing and this short piece wreaked of the stuff. You demonstrated that no matter how hard a person trys to fight it, its hard to ignore and sooner or later something has to give.
You say in your authors note 'tear this piece apart' - My question to you is why? It's really well written and you have a good grasp of sentence control and your grammar skills are really good.

Keep writing .

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was really well written and structural wise it is as solid as a rock. The way in which it started, it felt like one onf those movies you watch, where everybody disappears and you are wondering what comes next. Chemistry is such a powerful thing and this short piece wreaked of the stuff. You demonstrated that no matter how hard a person trys to fight it, its hard to ignore and sooner or later something has to give.
You say in your authors note 'tear this piece apart' - My question to you is why? It's really well written and you have a good grasp of sentence control and your grammar skills are really good.

Keep writing .

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 21, 2017
Last Updated on March 21, 2017
Tags: young love, innocence

Author

Fiona Lindsay
Fiona Lindsay

United Kingdom



Writing