The Dark City

The Dark City

A Poem by SinisterBeast72
"

The Decline of Everything Collection - " Dark Literature for a Diminishing World "

"
The Dark City 

Harvest moon hangs recessed in charcoal clouds

Four wheel revolution driven across the blacktop

Moonlight reflects off the asphalt .

Staring through this glass window I silently approach the dark city


Through this oxygen mask I inhale despair. Exhaling the cremated remains of the life that was once there.

I pull the hood closer to my head and enter


Deep inside the darkness, inky black figures -street walkers. The ghosts of shadows forever lost to a world that has forgotten them, fade underneath sodium lights . Each crosswalk they pass , cemetery plots , grave markers like broken teeth that rot .


Each reminders to

Feel the cold chrome

Isolation is home

Time to re-load

 

Staring through the glass window I see the bruises but feel no pain , watch the black rain stain the priest , the SINister beast. Selling theocracy on the streets disguised as democracy .Watch him assimilate into the hate the American debate that needs to silently feed the disease , the capitalism cannibal . Eat the flesh , strip the bone , leave nothing left to own.


Each reminders to

Feel the cold chrome

Isolation is home

Time to re-load


A windswept virus blows through the streets tonight , turn the flag upside down.

Brake lights project

Black steel protects

Rear view mirror reflects,


See through hollow eyes . A shadow falls across the lives of those that embrace the cold isolation .It`s the oxygen that fuels the flames ,so  that when the believers wake from dreaming they’ll die screaming in their beds alone . While outside their window sill the dark cities keep burning , the earth keeps turning .

 

The tires of the four wheeled revolution are merging with the blacktop… escaping. The survivors on the prison bus are black silhouette against raging fires soon to be consumed by the dark government and the unseen monsters that control them until the survivors cease to exist .

© 2014 SinisterBeast72


Author's Note

SinisterBeast72
The Future Decline

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on December 29, 2014
Last Updated on December 29, 2014
Tags: Apocalypse, Religion, Financial Ruin, Government, Death

Author

SinisterBeast72
SinisterBeast72

San Diego, CA



About
Atheist , Science Fiction & Horror Entertainment Media Nomad , Idealist , Hard Nosed Realist , Cynic , Apathetic by Design : thefearmachine.blogspot.com more..

Writing