The Role of IoT Technology in Wearable Devices

The Role of IoT Technology in Wearable Devices

A Story by Siya Carla
"

The favorable need for wearable devices is pushing the IoT application development company to explore the benefits of IoT technology. There’s more to know.

"
The definition of technology is known to all. How it has been transforming the scale and scope of growth and development is seen by all. The only thing that baffles us is at what length it will continue to evolve and transform the users' way of living. The thriving opportunities and possibilities directed by trends and technologies are never-ending!

Software application development has become quite a common affair as users expect all services and solutions that are easily available, feasible, and secure. Businesses are regularly coming up with ideas that could be transformed into applications for users to explore. One such innovative idea that has been an instant hit is the wearable device.

Powered by IoT (Internet of Things) technology, IoT enabled wearable devices have taken over end-users lives and empowered them to monitor their health without visiting the clinic. An IoT app development company use the power of IoT technology and develop wearable devices for users.

A recent IoT technology survey from Clutch has suggested that wearable devices are primarily used for functions like checking the time and tracking exercise.

It is assumed that IoT technology has still not penetrated fully into the users' lives and stands a chance of much more development in areas like healthcare, hospital management, and more. The reason why IoT technology is considered for wearable devices is due to multiple benefits it comes with, like:

•  The feasibility of IoT technology
•  The power of connectivity with other devices 
•  Adaptability and functionality of devices with other devices

Let’s understand more about how wearable devices function and what are the features that justify the involvement of IoT technology. 

1)  Identification and Security

An IoT app development company looks into developing wearable devices that are safe, secure to use. Since security has become a critical element today, almost all development companies look into securing the application so that no data is lost or misused by hackers or external threats. Many wearable devices developed are embedded with biometric features to ensure only valid and authentic person access the device.

Almost half of the wearable owners realized that their personal data and information is shared across multiple connected devices.

Other benefits include sensors, location detection for emergency services and more which is provided by the IoT technology. Since the device could be connected with multiple other devices, this secures the user’s presence easily.

2)  Connectivity to Accessibility

How wonderful it would be if we could use a wearable device to manage and monitor other aspects of living like home? Well, with the use of IoT technology, the wearable devices being developed today are used to manage smart homes as well. For instance, manage the temperature, activate appliances, adjust the lightning and more.

IoT technology allows users to connect their smart appliances with that of smartphones. With IoT development company in place now, wearable devices instigate the power of managing multiple aspects with both smartphones and wearable devices.

3)  Industry 4.0

If you haven’t heard of Industry 4.0 yet, then we are here to elaborate the science to you! It is one of a leading movement called the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’ that aims to transform traditional factories into smart factories administered by the Internet of Things (IoT) technology.

While this is a lucrative approach, it comes with demands like smart digital supports and equipment. It also needs smart factory employees to function. To enable this and make it a dream come true instance, wearable devices have started to penetrate factories to make Industry 4.0 happen.

Factory employees can easily manage the functioning, operations of the factories with the help of IoT enabled wearable devices in real-time. This improves the decision making across the factory as information is shared through devices and actions are decided spontaneously.

Challenges with IoT based wearable devices

While wearable devices have their benefits and utilities, few challenges are pulling this IoT enabled devices to step back. And while these challenges are valid, an IoT app development company is looking at solutions to cope and set the agendas straight. Few challenges to mention are:

•  Wearable devices still use the device for legacy, simple purposes only like tracking steps or calling
•  Wearable devices are not accepted when it comes to performing advanced tasks
•  The screen size limits the usage of the device
•  While sharing personal information via connected devices may seem useful at times, it could also expose user’s data to hackers and threats
•  Wearable devices have failed to grab the investments expected from the industries other than healthcare. However, the situation is getting better as lots of improvement has been done and users’ inclination is changing the challenging perspective of IoT adoption.

Conclusion

Out of all trends, IoT is one such trend that has experienced quite a roller coaster ride in the industries. The use of wearable devices has sparked the importance of IoT app development company. With users being more aware and stricter about their health routine, wearable devices prove to be the best source for managing. Other than health, wearable devices have penetrated healthcare industries, manufacturing, supply chain industries, etc. We are assuming that IoT apps would see a rise in the coming years as it is one the fastest growing trend of the decade.

© 2020 Siya Carla


Author's Note

Siya Carla
Siya Carla is the Solution Consultant at Finoit Technologies, a leading custom software development company which provides unique web design and mobile app development services. By creating intuitive, user-friendly, and interactive apps for more than 450 customers throughout the globe, we enjoy a great reputation as a customer-friendly IoT application development company in the market.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on January 17, 2020
Last Updated on January 17, 2020
Tags: IoT

Author

Siya Carla
Siya Carla

Irving, TX



About
Siya Carla is Business Development Manager at Finoit Technologies, a leading mobile app development company which turns ideas into reality by providing unique web design and custom software developmen.. more..