Breathe

Breathe

A Poem by Steve L.
"

The magic and power of breathing...

"

Inhale & Exhale: Simple, right?

A breath can be your first on this earth post-partum…That innate action, feeling the air flow down your throat into those two delicate organs…

In stark contrast, a breath can be your swan song…the last processing of oxygen amongst the millions that treaded this world before it…

A breath can be mind-blowingly exhilarating…after days of traversing K2, you arrive at the peak…take a look at the grandeur before you…at the altar of existence…you will never have a breath like that again…

A breath can occur hundreds of feet under water in a foreign land…this simple process takes on a new and sobering importance…breath needs to be manufactured in this aquatic world…your entire existence on this planet is in the hands of a tank and breathing apparatus…just hope that your gear and equipment were not made in China!

A breath can be sensual, transcending, intimate…Making love to your partner…an unexplainable connection…eyes peer into each other’s souls…each thrust feels like a new and exciting journey…your breath becomes his/her breath…breathing unites and becomes one organism…magical…

A breath can flood your body with tranquility and excavate tension and negativity…it can take your mind to higher planes of thought…to unexplored worlds…

A breath can be the most valuable thing on this planet…but also taken for granted on a second by second basis…it is rewarding but can take life in a millisecond…

Each breath you take in your lifetime is unique…Each happens in a different moment in time…thoughts change between each…circumstances change between each…molecules and atoms change between each…each breath is….a life and world unto itself.

Pretty simple and straightforward stuff, huh…

 

© 2014 Steve L.


Author's Note

Steve L.
Analysis of the every day...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Simple and straight forward, indeed. I will say, though that you describe simplicity quite indepth and give it beauty and personality. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review!
It's amazing how there are a set, diverse number of breaths that each person will take in their lifetime. This is very thoughtful and stimulates the mind successfully.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

thank you! breathing has come to the forefront of my mind after starting deep-breathing and mindfuln.. read more
Very insightful. Really makes you ponder. Good job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you! The things that appear to be "simple" have a lot more layers to them.
Lyan

9 Years Ago

Yea very true indeed. We really don't realize that fact until we are faced with reading such a piece.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2014
Last Updated on July 23, 2014
Tags: breath, mindful, existential, romance, love

Author

Steve L.
Steve L.

NJ



About
Life's trials and tribulations provide limitless material for writing... more..

Writing