Spectral Senses

Spectral Senses

A Poem by Steve L.
"

Dark dreams...warm realities...

"
Shivering...frozen to the bone...alone...solemn...

Struggling in the depths of me...

A Siberian mindset...laying on a frozen tundra, curled up in a ball trying to trap any warmth that is remaining in this once tropical soul...

Radiating touch is a mere illusion...or is it?

Can you warm yourself from within?

Every exposed nerve on my raw skin sends hate mail back to the creator...

A sudden, heavenly feeling overwhelms my dulled senses...I wake up with a feeling that I have taken an eternal journey alone...however...

I rest my perplexed head on the pillow...my adjusting eyes focus on a face that makes me feel safe..cognizant of infinity...

Eyes like a gentle storm at sea...lips that can melt a glacier...

I gently slide the sheets off her essence...curved, smooth, sensual...

Solar energy is erupting within me...our minds, bodies, and souls caress...

Becoming one being...one fire...there is no sense of time...

Floating intertwined through the cosmos...

A dream within a dream.

© 2014 Steve L.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, the darkness that does not last if only we reach for the light. I just love seeing that quote expressed in poetry. To add contrast to the world is something that brings hope to those with a depressive personality. Very well expressed. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Wow!! Very thoughtful review. Thank you!
I love this concept here, the dream within a dream.
This was beautifully written, some very sensual moments that really warm the soul.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

I really appreciate the review. Thank you!
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. :)
I really love the soft tuning of this write .. A dream within a dream feels so real. Well done Steve

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

I really appreciate your review, Eve. Thank you.
This is probably one of favorite scenes in the world of poetry the conflict within the conflict to the point were the line that used to be visible between waking conciousness and sleep becomes blurry. One of the freedoms that the subject exerts is the freedom to unleash gramma , punctuation, form, dialogue you name it, in fact I reckon that throwing the kitchen sink of imagination will go through as long as it is within the context. I say that becuase my enthusiasm for the issue made me read this and it felt careful. It felt graceful, it also felt very eerie and as if the dream context was, not an unsettling one, lastly it also left me, rather trying to convince me that maybe this ended up as a disguise for prose or a poem in incognito.

Great subject

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Very thoughtful review, Rene. Thank you!
well, isn't that a heated moment that can warm the soul in the most frigid of circumstances... the evolution and flow of this was divine... it immersed me in this sensory journey that was both vivid and delicious... some of the phrasing within this piece was just sublime... "lips that can melt a glacier"... "eyes like a gentle storm at sea"... oh yes... very sensual, yet just a dream within a dream.... such is reality for most of us.. *sigh*
another gorgeous write that tease and titillated my senses... well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

Ha! Not so sure about that, but thank you... I just respond to how you make me feel, what you make m.. read more
Steve L.

9 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

As was mine:)
A dream within a dream...Sometimes dreams can feel so real...
I really love the soft feel of your words..almost as if the reader is floating in the dream with you.
Wonderful writing my friend.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Julie! Receiving a positive review from you, especially with all of the brilliant.. read more
MsJewel

9 Years Ago

You are so sweet. Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2014
Last Updated on August 24, 2014
Tags: Dark, dream, love, passion, cold

Author

Steve L.
Steve L.

NJ



About
Life's trials and tribulations provide limitless material for writing... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..