Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
My Level of Faith

My Level of Faith

A Poem by sjunk
"

My views of society

"

People always ask me why I say that I have no faith in humanity.

They say look at all the wonderful things we have done together.

They’ll say “We’ve just legalized gay marriage, isn’t that amazing”.

I stop them in the midst of what they’re saying, and I tell them “Marriage”.

I repeat once more “Marriage, it is not ‘gay’ marriage, it is marriage as it always should’ve been.”

I take a deep breath, and I collect my thoughts.

I’ve been told I have too much passion for the way I talk being only a 16-year-old girl.

I try to explain to these people why I have no faith in humanity.

I look them in the eyes as I state the fact that marriage is just now being legalized for EVERY human, although it should have always been.

I explain to them how there are people getting made fun of for their body weight.

Either you’re too fat for someone to love you, and you shouldn’t eat so much, or you are too skinny for someone to love you, and you seem anorexic.

Men say they want something to grab therefore you must be thick, but not everybody can achieve this body type, nor am I looking to.

I tell them how nobody should be told that they have to identify as something, that they have to label as something, that they have to be a certain way to be loved.

If this is the case then I don’t want to be loved, but then I take a second to think as I tell them this is the case in the world these days, and this is why I never asked to be loved.

I explain how women get told that being a feminist doesn’t mean that they believe in equality, it means that think they are better than men, so there should be a such thing as meninism, so that men can obtain ‘equality’.

Everything nowadays has a label.

A label is defined as a word or phrase that describes or names something or someone.

I don’t see it as that wholesome of an idea though.

A label is something that gives us a reason to separate people from other people, and make them feel like they don’t belong, because they don’t deem fit under something that makes them less of a person.

They look at me as if I have insulted them in some way.

I have had no intentions to.

They asked me a simple question that brings about lots of meaning to me, and should be addressed, and never left behind.

I continue to speak because I have still yet to address everything that bothers me about the world we live in today.

I tell them how it unfair that people are mistreated by their social class.

People will go and laugh at you, because you are wearing cheap clothes, but what they don’t realize is that you can’t afford to shop at expensive places, the only place your parents can afford is Walmart, and that is still barely after the bills and the food that we need to keep us alive.

I have never been one to try and fit in, but I have never enjoyed being left out.

I do not see it is right that people get picked on because of their weight, their social class, their sexuality, their gender.

There are so many things wrong with that, that I can’t even begin to explain.

I take one last breath.

I look them in the eyes as I say my final words.

“I see so many things wrong with humanity, but as one person trying to explain these things to other people nothing will ever change. So society will stay the same, and the people within it will stay the same. People won’t change. We may take steps, but that will never change the people that we surround ourselves with. It is nearly impossible to rid ourselves of all the wrong in this world that has become.”

They don’t speak back.

They stand there in awe or disgust, but I can’t tell.

I’m used to it being viewed the same way.

I am done though.

I will just be an unknown citizen with too many issues and a loud voice that can never speak loud enough.

© 2015 sjunk


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on July 8, 2015
Last Updated on July 8, 2015
Tags: society, humanity, faith, feminism, equality

Author

sjunk
sjunk

Hope Mills, NC



About
I like to write sometimes, and I like to draw sometimes. I appeal to the arts a lot. more..

Writing
My Sexuality My Sexuality

A Poem by sjunk


Lost at Sea Lost at Sea

A Poem by sjunk


Hide and Seek Hide and Seek

A Poem by sjunk