Training

Training

A Poem by Reality
"

Training during the cold winter months

"

The word "Go go" echoes in your mind as you pull on the hose hard, your only lifeline moving along in synchronization with your body. Straining to follow your partner you haul forward, through the foggy mask you follow their fuzzy image, trusting them to do it right. Your coming closer, you can feel the heat before your partner opens the bail, the vent crew opening the door to let you in. they move away and you start in with heightened awareness of the ache in your back and the cold in your toes as he moves up and you move down, the sound of breaking glass resounds in the cold night air but is only a dull shatter beneath your thick hood and helmet. Steam arises and ash blows through the other side of the little car, fire's out there's only char. Your partner backs up and you do too, highfiving him cause you made it through.

© 2008 Reality


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Reality
Reality

smallville, KS



About
Hi, my name is april and I enjoy writing...very original i know, lol. anyway, i guess i should probably explain why i like to write, for anyone who is curious. Writing, like for most people, puts on .. more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Reality


Chosen Chosen

A Book by Reality


Life is a bouquet Life is a bouquet

A Screenplay by Reality