The Joy of Overcoming

The Joy of Overcoming

A Poem by Reality

Its so hard to face life on your knees, constantly staring up at the mountains that loom as you cower in their shadows. You know you have to power to move them, to walk and climb, but your exhausted, defeated. Panting, you lie at its base. Thousands before you, thousands in front. There is no room for any more pain, but the blisters on your feet call your name, letting you know how much you’ve been through and from where you came. No one’s around, deserts surround the endless mountains. Can’t go back, can’t stay where you are, even now flies are eating you alive, they follow you around, even at night. The angels by your side can’t soften the impact of this loneliness. They can only keep you safe through the trial of your faith. You know He’s there, but you can’t understand, why it has to be so hard, but you push forward, breaking open all the old wounds, setting deeper the scar of following. The cross weighs heavy.  You stand and you fall. You stumble and crawl, but you’ll make it. Love sustaining, the mountain water refreshing the joy of overcoming.

© 2008 Reality


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We all stumble and fall and get up again with the help and grace of God. An amazing write.

Author: Nancy Lee Shrader

Posted 15 Years Ago


The emotion in this one is quite strong, very creative writing
My favorite lines "You stand and you fall. You stumble and crawl, but you'll make it"
this had a good flow to it
Thank you for entering my contest


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008

Author

Reality
Reality

smallville, KS



About
Hi, my name is april and I enjoy writing...very original i know, lol. anyway, i guess i should probably explain why i like to write, for anyone who is curious. Writing, like for most people, puts on .. more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Reality


Chosen Chosen

A Book by Reality


Life is a bouquet Life is a bouquet

A Screenplay by Reality