The Flower Girl

The Flower Girl

A Story by Tsukiko Hoshimiya
"

this is the first story I have ever posted....please tell me your honest opinion so I can improve ^^ It's just about a woman who runs a flower shop......

"

There was a little shop down the street. Simple and old fashioned but never failed to impress with the many colourful flowers on display in the front.

Every week at 4 on Friday, a little girl would enter the shop. Inside a lady would be waiting greeting the girl with a smile.

The various colours made the girl's eyes sparkle as she observed the gentle colours of the many flowers in the shop. However, the girl would only ask for one thing every week.

That thing was a rose.

The lady would smile and hand her a rose every week when the girl visited.

All across town, the lady would go around delivering her flowers to people with a warm smile.

'The flower girl' they called her. Her youthful glow as she smiled at her customers made the flowers have a sparkle that would never fade.

Many beautiful bouquets of flowers all across town, each with its own sparkle. Ever since she opened her shop, there was always a person on the street carrying one of her beautifully arranged bouquets.

Everyone loved her flowers and always showed gratitude by showering her in presents but she would never accept them and simply told them. "Your happiness is my satisfaction"

The customers would laugh and tell her that if she ever needed anything to come to them to show their gratitude and proof of their happiness.

On a cold winter day, the lady watched as the little girl stepped into her shop. She smiled and handed the girl a single red rose like always.

Instantly, the girl's face brightened. She thanked the lady and skipped away home.

The woman smiled as she watched the little girl skip away. She looked through the clear glass window in the front and wondered if anyone else would come by despite the cold weather.

This thought was cut short from the bright lights speeding towards her. The road was too icy. The shop down the street was in ruins.


The one who gave warmth to everyone...


The one who never asked for anything in return....


Taken away in an instant...


"The flower girl" always living in flowers now lay in the Earth. However, she was surrounded by bouquets no longer.

No big bouquets to be seen near her stone.

No flower pots.

Only one thing was to be seen near her stone.





A single red rose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please enjoy ^ ^'

Tell me if you like it 

Also I don't own any of the pictures

© 2015 Tsukiko Hoshimiya


Author's Note

Tsukiko Hoshimiya
Give me your honest opinion on the story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on November 8, 2015
Last Updated on November 8, 2015
Tags: flowershop, flower, woman, girl, rose, bouquets

Author

Tsukiko Hoshimiya
Tsukiko Hoshimiya

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I am just a girl who writes. more..