Boom

Boom

A Story by Nick

Prologue

Darwin's beaches are always filled with happy faces and laughing children. But up on a dark hill was a dark and gloomy mansion that is owned by a nuclear physicist. No one would go into this house because of the mouldy rugs and rusted, shut doors. Some people have rumoured there were chemical weapons in the house. The  police never wanted to check this house but because of the accusations against it they had to.


Chapter One: The Police Are Dead

The police had the house surrounded they weren’t going to let this man get away. Even if their accusations weren’t true they had     condemned the building two years ago and they knew he had    dangerous weapons that were linked to murder investigations.

The police gave the nuclear physicist his first warning to leave the house with is hands up but he didn’t leave the house. “This is your second and final warning to leave the house before we come in and get you!” yelled the police chief                           “NO!” the man screamed the man in his creepy demonic voice.

The police went to the truck and got their battering ram out of their truck to knock down the door. Once they got to the front door they saw it was wide open and the door they saw was just a door from down the hall. Shown by a complicated system of mirrors. The     police sergeant had given the order to enter the building.

As soon as the police had entered the building they saw there were many wires every where they split into two groups to investigate where the wires lead the first group smelt gas and they called it in the police sergeant gave the call for them to stay alert because there could have been an open gas line making gun fire potentially fatal.

The second group had found something they didn't want To call in because there was a 50,000 tonne nuclear warhead. When the called it in the captain yelled “Don’t be ridiculous!” But after a while the captain realised the seriousness of their voices. Immediately the captain called the prime minister. 

  (later at the prime minister’s office 2400 hours)

The presidents secretary came in and said in a kind and well      mannered voice “Sir the Darwin's police chief is on line 3.”

“Ok,” said the prime minister “hello”

“Sir we have a 50,000 tonne nuke in a residential property.

“What!” Said the prime minister in a panicky voice

“We haven't found out how long we have left so we should proceed as if we only have several minutes left,” said the police chief.

“But what about the rest of the world we should send out a global warning!” Exclaimed the prime minister.

(later the next day 0600 hours )

All of the news channels were talking about giant nuclear warhead. But only one man was going to go and try to stop the warhead one man named Joe El Diablo. He was the most famous bomb diffuser in the world. He had defused the worlds biggest simulated bomb. But he had to have a military escort with him because of the crazy scientist in the house. As soon as Joe entered he saw a strange shadow in the corner. He asked the sergeant if he could inspect the shadow but the sergeant said it is a matter of international security that he was to defuse the warhead.

Once they got to the bomb they saw something different it didn’t look like any regular war head any more it was surging with power and it looked unstable but there was nothing they could do to      defuse it!

 (outside of the house 0800 hours)

“Sir,” said the sergeant through his walkie talkie.

“Yes sergeant,” said the police chief.

“We found the bomb but it is unstable it is about to blow,” the    sergeant in a panicky voice.

“WHAT!!!!!’’ screamed the police chief. Suddenly all you could hear is an extremely loud BANG.

 

Chapter 2: The Survivors

(two years later)

Two years ago a bomb went off sending what was left of man kind into the dark ages.  It is now a barren waste land and is said to be in hospitable in areas. There are no more delicacies with food and drink we no longer call it earth we call it the wasteland. There is no central government and there is no police everything is havoc.

One man, a literal dead man has tried to keep everything in balance but it hasn’t been easy with a new underworld leader. The             underworld was a gang of mindless zombies, mutants and worst of all deamons. The new leader was the same person who made earth this way but now in his cursed skeletal form. This form was much more powerful than Joe El Diablo since he was just a ghost and Skeletor as he likes to be called now has a full solid form and the only way to kill him is to burn his skull.

(in the underground 0600 hours)

“WHY does he keep foiling my plan to rise above the ground!” screamed Skeletor into his palace of rubble.

“I don’t know sir,” said the mutated form of the prime minister’s  assistant.

“Well find out what his powers are or I will kill you!” screamed Skeletor

“OK,” said the mutated form of the prime minister’s assistant.

 (in the high lands castle 0800 hours)

We beat him sir,” said  the mutated form of the prime minister    “Good lets hope we get more wins like this so they don’t gain     control of the high lands and make more havoc,” said Joe El Diablo.   “I know sir but it is getting harder their forces are getting bigger and stronger,” said the ex prime minister.                                 “But that isn’t a reason to stop trying, we will get bigger and   stronger than them they will not win, why so you think they are called the underworld and were called the high lands? that’s        because we won the first big war, we were bigger and stronger,  just because they’ve gotten stronger doesn’t mean we aren’t as strong,” said Joe El Diablo enthusiastically.                         “I know sir but they have spies in our security detail and all we have in their agency are traitors!” yelled the ex prime minister angrily.

 

Chapter 3: The Traitors

Down deep in the underworlds castle of rubble was a room of   phony highland people but they were not doing this on their own will. Skeletor has put a curse on them that makes them follow his every command. The scientists in the highlands almost found out about this but Skeletor had put the same horrible curse on them and they steered the highland elders from finding this out.

Many battles had been lost because of the traitors major sabotage had been used to secure first place in the last major battle. The battle had been known as the battle of triumph until Skeletor had told his mindless minions to sabotage the weapons that had just been forged. A lot of lives were lost because they could no longer make weapons of mass destruction. There was no hope in winning especially since the underworld had the blade of the all seeing ey which had been forged in the first battle.

But the highlands got new scientists which found out the secret of the traitors and they made a cure. But since there was no way of  administering the cure it was all false hope but they had locked it away in a safe in case there was a way to administer it. The traitors had secretly snuck into the lab one night and destroyed the new way of administering the cure. But one of them was injected and cured since the potion had never been tested they couldn’t know if the effects were permanent but surprisingly it worked for good. This was an amazing thing for the kingdom because no one had    ever made a cure for black magic and four scientists did it in one night.

 The highland scientists tried to figure out how the cure was          administered but the only reasonable explanation was that they drank it. But this had a flaw in itself if he drank it he would have been told by Skeletor to do it. But Skeletor would not be stupid enough to do this since he would be loosing his greatest edge in all the wars. He would give the highlanders a chance at winning. But maybe if the soldier had been in his own mind at the very moment he drank it, it would prove that they can be in their own mind at any given moment so it would be easier to administer the cure.

 

Chapter 4: Life Of The Citizens

The citizens of the highlands are people who comply with the law and let the king have leadership. But the              underworld citizens are a different story these are people who hate the king and want him to die in the fiery pits of hell they are all lead by one man named Skeletor. Skeletor was the man who destroyed the world in the first place and made almost everyone mutants or zombies. There are only a few humans who hate the king and these people are mostly band robbers and murderers. Who have been      banished from the highlands and were told to never come back. Some of the villains who have had this said to them have gone to the irradiated areas to die. 

Life on the highlands was easy but there was always      bandits who try to steal your property of kill you for your money. The kings guards usually took these people to the castle for sentencing. Some times the bandits got away by fleeing to the underworld.

The underworld life was extremely hard especially if you were a soldier you had to prepare for battle everyday and sneak around and steal diamonds at night.

 The kings of each area were harsh. But the highland king which they know as the devil killer was harsh for a reason he thought if he wasn’t harsh he would loose most of his people. But the underground king was harsh because he liked to be. This was unfair to the underground people though some of them tried going back to the highlands but the king said “no,”.

 


 

 

 

 

© 2013 Nick


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the overall idea of the story, however, as you may very well know you there are a few grammatical errors here, just be sure to clean them up. Otherwise though good work, and just remember that practice makes perfect :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2013
Last Updated on November 3, 2013

Author

Nick
Nick

Marion, SA, Australia



About
I like writing post apocalyptic novels. more..