The Reboot Generation

The Reboot Generation

A Poem by UnderTheDeadPoetTree
"

Technology vs nature vs nurture

"
Links in series; episodes in the new chain that binds our feet to our screens.
Colourful and the most brightly lit bottomless pit in all of human history.
An escape from mundanity into a fantasy of what we see and what we hear.
Reality tv replaced actual reality.
Wouldn't even mind if it was actually anything other than banality and vanity.

Spoon fed news no one can trust, sold useless items that are bought to gather dust.
Conspiracies and mirrors projecting shadows onto the cave wall.
Every sitting room in the country turned into the "Great American Mall".

Attention spans no longer than the distance from remote to hand.
Ads shown in rapid succession, peddling unnecessary possessions.
The Watchers have up and left and left us to sit possessed by none other than
Those bereft of original ideas.

We are the reboot generation.
We are the watchers. Action is a genre.

If only someone would redo growing up without all this static background radiation.
"Climbing trees is dangerous, here, have an iPad.
I want you to have more in life, more than what I had when I was a lad."

Well I want the trees; for me and for mine to come.
Because I will not have mechanical children, they will not dream electric dreams.
For the future is theirs to discover but the past is a lesson for us to teach.

© 2017 UnderTheDeadPoetTree


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on July 3, 2017
Last Updated on July 3, 2017

Author

UnderTheDeadPoetTree
UnderTheDeadPoetTree

Ireland



About
I'm a 18 and I don't really bother updating this bio very often. more..

Writing