Anonymity in Three

Anonymity in Three

A Poem by SM Davis
"

inspired by a poem written by Sean Adams...

"

 

My life has run it’s course

No one can help me now

They would all better off
if I just dismounted this horse…

 

NO! Your life is so much more
than you can see right now

Just remember there is always hope

There is healing for the heart life tore

 

No, you’re right there is no hope

End it now…let freedom reign

Take the gun out of the drawer

Free your life source cuz you can’t cope

 

Life holds nothing for me now

Everyone I love will be better off

No one loves me anymore

The pain I cause shows me how

 

YOU’RE WRONG your life is precious still

Pick up the phone and call someone

Tell them the pain you feel right now

They will answer I know they will

 

NO ONE wants to hear your pain

You’re pathetic and they all know

That you’re just looking for another way

To blame them for your life’s stain

 

You’re right…I have nothing more to give

I drain all who profess to me their love

I won’t bother another with my pain
not one more day do I want to live.

 

PICK UP THE PHONE…I LOVE YOU STILL

 

“Hello…”

 

© 2008 SM Davis


Author's Note

SM Davis
Suicide is viewed many different ways. There are always three voices...hopelessness....love....and indifference. Everyone deserves to be loved...no matter what their state of mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i love the duality and am glad it ended in a positive way.. so tragic when in the end they decide not to pick up the phone. Those thinking of suicide really would be saved if they just reached out and called someone.. there is always someone to call... someone who will tell you what you mean to them and how much they love you and need you in their lives.. those are the people that matter.

Love the form and emotion in this piece. Well written my friend..

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
The mind condition.. loves.. loves me not.. well put
lovely poem

pal

Posted 15 Years Ago


Susie, I love how you did this. You have captured the internal battle flawlessly and I love how you ended it. A truly gifted and insightful piece! sorry it took me so long to get here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You show the three voices well - and with more clarity than we are aware when they are actually our own voice. In reality I think the voices become so mixed you can't really make sense of what they are saying.
'there is always hope' - Yes there is and even when you logically see that, your mind plays tricks on you as you show with your other voice.
Well written.
NH



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love the three voices.

my only suggestion:
My life has run it's course

use its.

can only use it's if you can use it is.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You write with such a purpose here that I could feel the impact of the emotions that this piece provoked with a steel eyed clarity. The depths that this piece turns in my own soul is breath taking to witness. I have know to many that have journeyed the road that this piece describes. I guess it hit a nerve with me a bit.


Great JOb!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the use of three voices in this poem. So many people think that there is no hope yet there always is... I think it's a very different kind of poem that makes the reader think. This is wonderful.. a great write with so much in it... :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a turbulant ride of emotions... It really is sad hen one believes there is no hope left that the only way is to take their own life... I know it is hard when you feel down and discarded and your emotions can run amuck... really a very amazing piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I suffered for years in suicidal depression and your expressions are so vivid and honest... the thoughts of desperation and pain... Brilliant words with such a hopeful plea!

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem gives wonderful insight into a mind tormented by thoughts of suicide. I read once that it is not the depression that causes someone to commit suicide, rather, it is the feeling of utter hopelessness - the feeling that things will never get better. Well written!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very reminiscent of the old song (Joni Mitchell?) "Cold Blue Steel and Sweet Fire", has the same strong and distinctive voices, which are very clear here. Nicely executed piece of work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
15 Reviews
Added on September 13, 2008

Author

SM Davis
SM Davis

One step from the depths of Hell, AZ



About
I write. I sing. I dance. Often. more..

Writing
Ever Ever

A Poem by SM Davis


Panic Panic

A Story by SM Davis