Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
An Open Letter To Corey Ian Haim

An Open Letter To Corey Ian Haim

A Story by samemerson
"

Corey Ian Haim is so much more than a 1980's teeny bopper.. he has been such a positive influence.

"
Dear Corey Ian Haim,

This one's for you...

I'll never know if you'll get to read this and I'll never get to know if you know how much I love you, but what I do know is that I love you with every ounce of love I have inside of me. My love for you is peculiar. Even though you're not alive on this earth anymore you impact my life every single day. For an idol to have such a massive impact on me is something that only you can do.

While you were here on this earth, you didn't have it easy. You went through such traumatic experiences that you most certainly didn't deserve. However, you didn't let those traumatic experiences deteriorate that beautiful soul of yours... That soul that makes you so extraordinary. People were so cruel to you yet you were so benevolent towards everyone, that's exceptional. It takes someone special to water an abhorrent garden and turn it into this vigorous field where the earth's loveliest flowers blossom. You are that special person. If you were to take all of the positive words in the English language and combine them into this enormously alluring word, that would only describe half the man you were.

Though the English language leaves me with an endless amount of words in which I can use to describe how grateful I am for you, none of them quite do it justice.

 I have never met you nor spoke a word to you in person but you have shaped my world. You have exposed me to a whole new world, a much more colorful world.

You have helped me realize that life is about living every moment to the fullest, you have made me realized that when you fall down seven times you can get up that eighth time, you have taught me to be as kind as you possibly, and to give every person you come across every bit of love you have inside of your heart because that's exactly what you did when you were here on this earth. You have helped me learn that people will not believe in you and that's okay, what's truly important is that you believe in yourself.You have exposed me to the world's greatest lessons and I couldn't have asked for a better teacher.

Thank you for making me smile with your radiant energy that beams from your smile through all of the photographs and videos we have of you. Your energy gets me through my saddest and most stressful days. No words will ever be able to properly express how grateful I am for you and everything you have done for me. I have been embodied into this person who grants kindness to every individual I come across and it's all thanks to you. Thank you Corey Ian Haim, I love you so much.

Love,

Samantha Merzel

© 2016 samemerson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on December 30, 2016
Last Updated on December 30, 2016
Tags: open letter, corey haim

Author

samemerson
samemerson

NY



About
hi there!! my name is Sam and I have a great passion for writing. I hope my writing makes a positive impact on everyone. more..