The Youth Towards Nation Building

The Youth Towards Nation Building

A Story by Kathleen Burlas
"

This is an essay inspired by Dr. Jose P. Rizal, Philippines' National Hero.

"

        "The youth is the hope of our Motherland", that's what our national hero, Dr. Jose P. Rizal said. They are the foundation of our society.And for us to build an exceptional and progressive one, we must first and foremost start developing each individual youth. But how?! It's simply by not just teaching them but also making them become good citizens of our nation and helping them become aware of the environmental conditions of our society.

 

           Being environmentally conscious means practicing environmental wellness.  The Youth must develop aspects of personal and societal resposibilities including being aware of the Earth's natural resources and their respective limits, living a life accountable to both in the present and long term environmental needs, and realizing the effects of their daily habits on the world around them. The Youth must also recognize the need to keep a healthy personal envirenment by keeping the company of healthy friends, engaging in environmentally responsible activities and maximizing personal harmony with the Earth while minimizing harm to it.

 

          A citizen that knows how to abide and follow the rules and laws of the government is one good example for the Youth to follow. The Youth must observe character awareness and values development. Why?! It's because sooner or later, they will become future leaders of our nation. And if they dont know how to adopt these Filipino values, there's a strong tendency for the nation to fall on the hands of crocodile leaders who think of nothing but graft and corruption. Remember, values and virtues are the foundations of effective leadership and positive relationship to others.

 

         But how does environmental consciousness and good citizenship values help guide the Youth towards nation building?! The asnswer is right in front of you. As you can see, these things enhance and develop the Youth's  outlook as being a law abiding, responsible citizen of the country. If these actions are effective, then our society is already sealed. Sealed in the hands of leaders that know exactly how to fairly run and make the  nation rise and be progressive.

 

      Hard to admit but  right now, the youth is not playing any significant roles in nation building. Although we try to include ourselves and our concerns in the things-to-do-before-my-term-is-over list of our leaders, it is evident that we have not really made it to their priorities.

 

        Then again, optimistically speaking, the youth does have a significant role to play. The youth are, after all, the ones these politicians will be serving and should impress if they want extended terms. Therefore, the only role the youth can play right now is to work hard in their own communities, building a better name for themselves, inspiring lifestyle changes, and preparing themselves for a possible future of being the next leaders of our country. Let's face it, we can't rely on politicians who are more concerned on playing the blame game with regards to corruption going on within them rather than fixing what can actually be fixed. The youth should just do what they can with what they have and then hope that people will see their initiatives---hope that they will have a chance at the seat of honor and turn things around like every in person's dream.

 

    And I,  myself, being a Youth, will try to provide motivated manpower pool that can be tapped by the nation to civic welfare, literacy and other similar endeavors in the service of the nation. I am the start. We are the start. Let's all help together and make Dr. Jose Rizal proud of us.

 


-Kathleen L. Burlas-

© 2012 Kathleen Burlas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on March 27, 2012
Last Updated on March 28, 2012

Author

Kathleen Burlas
Kathleen Burlas

Talisay City, Region VII, Philippines



About
k a t h l e e n l a u r o n i l l a b u r l a s ♥ Hi ! i'm eighteen and I love writing because it helps me express my feelings in a way that I can enjoy it. Most of my works here reflect.. more..

Writing