love?

love?

A Story by Amber burkett

the days merged together as every sleepless night passed me by. i knew that something had to change. Sen was keeping me up, and he doesn't even know my name. how did  he have this much power over me. how did i like someone like him? he was cute yes, but he was not all that bright. he acted like a jerk to me and every other girl that didn't fit his "perfect girl" out line. not to mention that he was the biggest player that i have ever seen. i walked in to my favorite coffee shop after school. waiting in  line for my green tea i looked around to see who all was here. i knew almost every one or at least knew their faces. there was one boy that i couldn't place. he was my age maybe older, he had spiky black hair that fell perfectly in his face. his eyes where the darkest shade of black that i had ever seen.

I turned away not wanting to stare. he was amazingly hot, no he was drop dead gorgeous! nothing, not one saying or one word could describe this boy, it was like we had to crate one big word that said every positive thing in one. then it would be over used though. then it hit me, he probably already belonged to May. May was the top of the food chain. her dad was filthy rich and she used her money to her advantage weather it was to get boys or do what was a full time job to her, make my life a living hell. we used to be friends, that was back when she wasn't a b***h, now things where much different. it was like we where two whole new people. and we are. back then she was sweet and nice to everyone. she was never stingy and she always had peoples back. that was who she was then I guess her dad's ways finally got caught up with her. i was the first person that she turned on. she was no longer the friend I knew she was the exact opposite of who she was. she made fun of everything that I am. my hair was ugly, my clothes where stupid, my face, well she said that there was no fixing that one. she became the one person that I hated more then anything in the world. she said that my eyes where creepy. that was cruel. I looked in the mirror that hung along the wall of the coffee shop. my eyes are slanted, my skin is pale, my hair is a dark shade of black and my lips are a cherry red, without the lip-stick. i was short compared to all the other kids. that is what I get for being 5 feet even. the boy stood up and started walking toward me. I pretended not to notice. he put his hand on my shoulder, it was warm and sharp. like electricity flowed though my body. he smiled. his teeth where a pure shade of movie star white. "hi" though what he said was brief it was like he sucked the breath rite out of me. "h-hay" i managed, "i haven't seen you here before, are you new?" he smiled again. "yeah" I gave him a sweet grin. "cool, where did you move here from?" he took a pause. "i um came here from" he put one hand to the back of his head, " Denver" he kinda gave off a small laugh. "welcome to New York" he gave a bigger smile, "what would you like" said the cashier i wept my head around and looked at her. "green tea no sugar extra honey" the boy smiled at me "healthy" i smiled at him "always" the cashier seemed annoyed with us. "that will be $2.75" her voice was arrogant and demanding. I took out my wallet and before I knew it the boy had already payed it for me. I looked at him letting my hand fall to my side. he got closer to me "you are in debt" i looked at him "i didn't ask you to pa-" he cut me off by putting his hand over my mouth. "you can make it up to me by showing me around." at that moment i put his looks behind me i stuffed the money in his shirt "dream on" my mom always told me that the more you made him chase you the better it would be when he got you. he was looking at me surprised, I was not about to give in. "nice try though" he gave me a smile as he began to recover from the shock of not getting what he wanted. "so you really don't want to show me around?" I smiled "nope, but I'll tell you what you can hang out with me and for that matter, who knows where I'll go." he gave a big smile and put the money I had given to him in my back pocket. I slapped him, "no doing that" he rubbed his cheek "sorry" I smiled. "it's fine" he looked at me "are you always this difficult?" I looked at him with my biggest puppy dog eyes. "s-sorry" I smiled again "yeah I am actually" I looked down "or at least that is what people tell me." he gave a small sweet sympathetic smile, "well if it helps I think that it's cute, your not like other girls that just melt, your different. I like it" I could feel my face heat up just a little bit "thanks, but flattery will get you no where with me ... I lie, it gets you a smile." he came closer "that's all I need" i pusheed him away again. "bad" he regained his balance, "are you going to train me like a puppy?" I looked at him, "if i need to you better believe that I will." there was a little pause than we both started laughing like crazy people. "what is your name." I looked up at him my lungs not yet recovered "Ming" he laughed a little. "youji"

"nice to meet you youji" the bell rang to symbol that another person had come in. I looked at the door to see who it was. May walked in and she was not looking very friendly today. she looked over to youji then to me, then she started to walk up to us. "hay bestie!" she exclaimed with a scary amount of energy. I looked at her noticing that she was talking to me. "what? Bestie? us? no way." she laughed "she is such a joker." youji looked confused "yeah I noticed." she gave him a flirtatious smile "want to come hang with me and my friends at my daddy's country club." youji looked at me as I was looking to the ground and put his arm around me, for this time only I let him, "naa, i would much rather hang out with Ming." I looked up at him in surprise he smiled down at me and kissed my cheek. I gave him an evil look.  he mouthed sorry to me. May looked surprised then she composed herself "Ming isn't the best company for you, she can get boring and she has a lot of-" she paused "Issues" she finally finished speaking the word slow and deliberate. youji looked at her "with you around I can understand her issues, who wouldn't" her eyes went wide as I laughed in surprise. she turned around and stormed out. i looked at him "you just earned major points" he gave me a big smile "good" I took his arm and started walking around the pats of town I was allowed in. we laughed the whole time about one thing or another. he gave me his phone number and I said that I would call him having every intention of doing so. we finally parted when it came to 9:00pm he had bought me lunch and I bought dinner. I went home feeling the happiest that I had in a long time. walking to my room i jumped on my bed and covered up with my blanket. I went into my contacts and smiled at the fact that he put "really hot guy" as the display name. then I pressed call. "hu-ha" he answered "she kept with her word and actually called!" we both laughed for a small amount of time. "where can we meet tomorrow?" there was silence on the other end, "and she wants a date!" he laughed "no way! i want to get you know you that way I can have dirt on you!" I didn't think that it would be a date just two friends hanging out. "yeah I know, I liked hanging out with you today it was really fun." I smiled "yeah it was" i could feel myself smiling again. "hay what school will you be going to?" there was a pause and I herd typing on line. i assumed that he was looking it up. "um. krimson high, and before you ask I am a junior. what about you?" I felt my teeth baring down on my bottom lip. "i skipped a grade, so, same as you." he gave such a simple response. "cool" i heard a commotion then "um hay Ming i got to go."

"what! already" my smile had faded. "what about tomorrow? will you call me back" a pause "yes, when I can. park be there at noon." i put on the best pouting voice I could. "Do you really have to go?" a little laugh "yeah sorry" i sighed "see you soon? his voice was quiet. like he was whispering "yeah" the line went blank. i kicked off my covers and went to look at my clothes. it was fairly warm out side so i took past my pants, long sleeve shirts and, jackets. I took out my favorite pair of shorts. a hot pink blink 182 shirt and a pair of low cut converse. I also looked though a bunch of my bracelets, rings, and necklaces. i decided on two bangles on my left hand, no rings, and a silver necklace that spelled out the word "hater?" in the middle having diamonds. i smiled at the outfit. and then realized that I wasn't thinking about Sen. he was the boy that I had a crush on for so long. it was like It melted away. i tucked myself into my warm and welcoming bed and fell asleep. I was not crushing on anyone. i didn't worry about love. for the first time in a long time I was really happy. my eyes closed and I didn't fight them.

the next morning i got my sleepy body out of bed at 10. my eye lids where heavy and my feet dragged across the floor. I peeled off the clothes that I was in and stepped into the shower. after washing my body and hair I put on the outfit that I had set out the other night. my phone bleeped, I looked at it and smiled. it was a text from Youji. "Morning!!!" i slid up my rumor "hay!!! ha-ha you seem excited" I sat down at my desk and blow dried my hair then put it into a 1/2 pony-tail. "bleep" I looked at my phone "I am, hanging out with a pretty girl! now does that pretty girl want brunch?" I smiled then slid up my rumor "well sorry but the pretty girl canceled. looks like you are stuck with me, and I would love brunch" I began to apply make up to my naked face. after taking in how I looked I headed down stairs and got my house keys. I walked out the door locking it behind me.

as I arrived at the park I had seen him from a distance. he was in blue jeans and a avenge sevenfold tee shirt and an unzipped black jacket. "hay!" he waved "hay, hay. where to" he waked up to me closer then picked me up. "HAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING! PUT ME DOWN" I yelled at him. he laughed "chill out" i stayed quiet. he put me down and smiled to me. "Luies?" i looked at him with an eye-brow up. "you got it." his smile was big and bright. "hay youji," i looked up at him as he looked back at me. "why didn't you go with May?" he gave a little laugh then looked at me. "I didn't do with her because I thought that you where more fun" I looked at him, "BULL" we both laughed.

by the end of the day i could hardly walk. "you still sleepy?" I looked up at him. "maybe just a little" he laughed knowing that I was lying. "how did you not get worn out!" i was a little more awake now. he smiled then pointed to himself "ADHD" I peered at him though narrowed eyes. "you have got to be kidding me!" he laughed " I'm not" i laid my head back on his shoulder. "this is the most fun i had in a very long time. you know that?" he shifted my legs "well I'm glad to know now." i hugged him. "just asking but do you have a girlfriend, i mean i don't think that she would like this." he smiled at me. " if i had a girlfriend she would have killed me the first time we hung out." i laughed "true that"  he jumped so that he had a better grip on me. "do you know why May hates you so much?" i looked at him then back to the ground, "no i have no idea." he looked back at me then set me on a bench and sat next to me. "i do" i peered at him. "why?" he smiled at me "i am guessing that you are not friends with many girls am i correct?" i gave him a confused look wondering how he knew that about me. "yeah" he gave off a little laugh "that would be because they are pretty and you are beautiful. they are semi smart and you are off the charts. you are better then them in every way. they sleep around that way the boys will go for them not you. the guys know they could never have you, they could never be worthy of you. they reject you so they don't get rejected." my mind was blank with the words he just said playing though my head. "that is a lot to remember for just one line." he looked at me then pushed some of my hair behind my ears. he leaned in and through my head i wanted to kiss him but i couldn't. i wouldn't. i pushed him away "no!" he smiled then leaned back. "you are hard" i looked at him confused "what do you mean" he laughed "i thought fore sure that i had you, that you would kiss me. you are not like the other girls. but just a reference i wasn't pulling a line on you. i  meant every word of what i said"

© 2012 Amber burkett


Author's Note

Amber burkett
if you want more tell me and i will continue!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on January 20, 2012

Author

Amber burkett
Amber burkett

KS



About
hay, my name is Amber if you want to nick name me go ahead! I love writing tho I'm not very good at spelling things. that is a fail on it's own but I guess that's what spell check is for. I like to dr.. more..

Writing