FROM COFFIN TO CRADLE

FROM COFFIN TO CRADLE

A Story by JENY
"

Recently I heard an Indian Sadhu preaching how to cope with realities of life. How to sail with the current...not against the current for ultimate happiness.

"

“Death is a part of life

   Not an end of life. Never cry over the death of dear or near ones”

She remembered the words of Indian Sadhu under the tree…

 

              She made a coffin shaped canoe. Entered into it. Began to row along the stream with a cross devoid of crucified Christ. Her father died in an accident. Lung cancer devoured the life of only brother. Now mother has breast cancer.As she sailed meditating what Swami said, she knew the veins of her mind strengthening. As she was very much clear and sure about her destination mushy currents never dared to enter into her plan of action. She was determined.

 

   Thus…in her journey …she talked to herself.

 

           Next time I will look at him straight in the face, without any sense of loss or fear. After all he has been with me from the beginning. Till I meet him in the coffin of my father, either the news paper or the priest in the church reminded me of him everyday without fail. He is not a stranger to me. I will not be like others, who hates him and unnaturally frightened of him. But do not think that I am going to love him.

 

           When, finally, she embarked on the scene she felt proud of herself as her eyes were dry and her mind never staggered or swayed. It remained stubbornly anchored to Swami’s words that she stood looking at the dead body of her mother with an impervious face.

 

                 In the hollowness that pervaded inside her she saw her heart has stopped beating. It lay free zed inside her chest’s chamber.

 

Reality is bitter. She made another canoe this time out of a cradle. She began to sail against the flow in search of a wailing baby.

                        She searched for a long time and it came out….

                  She wept bitterly……like a child….for her mother.

© 2010 JENY


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my...this is so sad :( I mean, this was really very sad but still so beautifully written. I can feel your emotions there.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Poem is beautiful and very sad. Death is hard to understand. We are all aiming at death. But we must be thankful for life and family. A excellent poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
I think death is invitable.. Between all the tears we shed, we must take out a moment to remember the people most dear to us and how through small deeds they changed our life..

Posted 14 Years Ago


very touching. It is natural to mourn the death of a loved one, even if one is not afraid of death and believes someday they will be reunited in the afterlife. No matter what one believes, death is a ripping away, and a stoic response will not change that fact.
Some small mistakes scattered through out, but they did not distract from the heartfelt message.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2010
Last Updated on March 5, 2010
Tags: Meditation on death

Author

JENY
JENY

Kerala, Thrissur, India



About
friends I am back... more..

Writing
Listen Listen

A Poem by JENY


RESEARCH RESEARCH

A Poem by JENY


IF YOU LEAVE ME IF YOU LEAVE ME

A Poem by JENY