If

If

A Poem by smurfett

If you love me, never stop telling me.  Unfortunately, I not only want to hear it, I need to.
If you think I'm beautiful, show me off with pride.  I am a gentle flower that blossoms as I hear you speak wonderful things about me.
If I do something that hurts you, or makes you uncomfortable, tell me.  I cannot read your mind and I may not know I've upset you.
If you want to see me, make me a priority.
If you make me a promise, do your best to keep it.  Unfulfilled promises are nothing more than lies.

If I tell you I love you, it means I am honored and proud to be by your side.  It means you're on my mind, morning, noon and night.  It means I would move mountains to ensure your happiness.  It means I refuse to let anyone or anything come between us.  

If you ever stop loving me, just turn and walk away.  No explanation is necessary.  But if you leave and realize a mistake was made and you want me back.......if I don't recognize you....you'll know why.

© 2017 smurfett


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
Added on April 13, 2017
Last Updated on April 13, 2017

Author

smurfett
smurfett

Lutz, FL



About
I am so moved by the vast differences in people and what inspires them to put pen to paper. Everyone has a story to tell. I hope my words can please and inspire those around me as well... more..

Writing