The Lottery

The Lottery

A Story by snapstache
"

This is about capitalism and our government ☹ but also a little bit about breaking hearts.

"

Ding!  Ding!  Ding!  We have a winner!  Another victim!  Another soul to taint with poison.  ‘They’re here to take us away!  Oh no!’  They’re innocent, so clean and pure, but not after today.  Today we slaughter that beautiful lamb.  Are they really lambs now?  Oh! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow.  Shall we take this crown of thorns and adorn their soft hair with blood?  They all line up, one by one, so sweet and kind, not realizing that they march to a machine, a machine that will use them up and spit them out.  They are investing in a game they can’t win. I hate my job.  The lambs, the lambs.  My lambs.  I love my sweet little lambs, but they must know.  The machine is ready; their faces are bright.  God, look at all these beautiful lambs!  I don’t know which one to taint first. The tall blonde s**t who reminds me of my mother? Or maybe the doe eyed one who resembles my first long lost love?  So many lambs.  I can’t wait to hold their delicate hearts in my hands, stained with money and greed, as the cup runneth over with the blood of my beautiful lambs.

© 2015 snapstache


Author's Note

snapstache
image: Michelangelo's 'The Last Judgement'

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 15, 2015
Last Updated on February 15, 2015
Tags: lottery, united states, government, sad, cruel, mean, job, lambs, bible, god, sin, innocence, sex, heart, love, game, money, greed, machine, soul, poison

Author

snapstache
snapstache

About
Hey guys! I'm looking to start an online magazine and am in desperate need of a staff! The magazine is titled Eye Candy and will include a wide variety of content from writing, reviews, articles, ar.. more..

Writing
Words Words

A Story by snapstache