The Flock

The Flock

A Story by Sofia Brun
"

A girl doesn't know what's happening and frightens herself only to find out she is stressing out over nothing.

"
Grey. White. Black. Gray. White. Black. Smudges of these bland colors filled my eyes. I could not concentrate and I gasped for air but specks of dusts filled my lungs instead. It was a war; of color, of fear, of the unknown. Wings slapping against the body they belong to, wings slapping against other wings, wings slapping against me. I was done for; this was it. More and more of these blurry figures made their way up to me. I was petrified and all I could do was stand there trying to whack away these small flying monsters.
I decided to just close my eyes and give no notice of my surroundings. Soon it was just me, my mind, and the darkness which my eyelids provided. My breathing slowed and a smile graced upon my thin lips. I opened my eyes to see that these fluttering creatures were merely pigeons that were only being agitated by me. They had started flying away and were now far up in the sky forming a cloud of grey feathers in the blue sky. 
I then saw that the flock had left one bird; it was white with shocking blood red eyes. One of  it's wing hung loose limply. I bent down and picked up the frail looking bird.
"Finally," I sighed, "some peace."

© 2014 Sofia Brun


Author's Note

Sofia Brun
I don't even know what this is but it's something. So here, have something.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on June 10, 2014
Last Updated on June 10, 2014
Tags: horror, nonsense, pigeon, bird, short, story, short story, park, peace, love, calm, thriller, descriptive

Author

Sofia Brun
Sofia Brun

Brasilia - DF, AL, Brazil



About
I am the sofa master. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Sofia Brun