Trapped

Trapped

A Poem by Sofia N

I try to get out, I’m looking past everyone’s eyes, I look around to see if I see you.

 

I try to get out, I try to breathe, but I can’t and I wonder what’s wrong with me?

 

and I see everyone looking my way like if I’m going crazy. They can see I’m trapped,

 

They can see I’m dying inside, they can see it in my eyes.

 

But why?

 

I try to get out of this locked door, I try too see but everything is a blur.

 

And I ask God why he’s putting me through this?

 

And I ask him and he does not answer me.

 

and then I try to get out again because I’m trapped.

 

trapped in a door and I try to see but everything is a blur.

 

and I ask myself ” what’s wrong “

 

and my answer is always unknown

 

and I can’t seem to get out of this trapped door.

 

and I can’t stop having all of these thoughts, and I can’t I just cannot…

 

and all my eyes see is a blur

 

Because I’m trapped , and I can’t seem to open this door

© 2010 Sofia N


Author's Note

Sofia N
what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

sounds like a recurring dream you know. the kind where you always reach a certain point but never beyond that. though this was one of the most unique poems I have read here, i will say that it worked. I don't know how, it just did.
the feeling of being trapped and so weak and unsure came out very, very well.
I'd say this was a daring, and unique write that turned out better than I would have imagined.
kudos on being original!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I feel you are at least a little relieved after you wrote and posted this poem.
The world now knows your problem.Keep on sharing.
The suggestions/solutions will give strength to live on.
Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Okay, so you're trapped, cool. Decent writing, creepy idea.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, i can feel the panic rising and the distress. Great poem! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like how you involve a door in this piece. A door can be used to describe many things. Good work here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good poem! i could feel the emotion!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with 'not your typical girl' this seems like a repetitive bad dream in which you're just so trapped that things aren't making sense.
I also, feel like this is very much the story of the journey your character needs to take. It is a journey to figure out what is going on and where it is going from here.
This is a stong piece with the repetition and the rhetorical questions. Very nicely done. If you are at all interested in a fantastic book about heading through a journey, there is a book (though it seems religious it really is very open) but it is called The Shack, and it is about a man's journey to figure out himself and his life. It is amazing and really eye opening when you're feeling trapped. :-) Best of luck and wonderful write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I could feel the struggle in this story. YOu did very well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"not your typical girl" is absolutely right. The turmoil in this piece is evident, and it shows prominently and profoundly.

There was one line though, "and then I try to get out again because I’m trapped." Seemed redundant to me, and it disrupted the flow a bit.

Anyway, good job. Keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a really cool poem!! Keep it up

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my stars... I know that feeling so well... This is exactly how i feel at times... Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

815 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2010

Author

Sofia N
Sofia N

Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic



About
Feel the rhythm in your words and dance to the music in them. That's what I always say. When you have a passion about something, one should not let go of it. And my passion is writing. I could take .. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Poem by Sofia N



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Prison My Prison

A Chapter by ashley


Do You Remember? Do You Remember?

A Chapter by ashley


why why

A Poem by Abbie