~Soul's Inferno....

~Soul's Inferno....

A Poem by Sophy Freebirds
"

Scars beautify the soul..

"
Soul purgates in the scalding fire...
Each testing flame feeding,
On my striving vein...
Birthing the marks,
Mortifying Ulysses scar...

The showers from heaven,,
Reach my dark cavern...
Trying to wash the blemish
Off my resolute skin...
I know the scars are unseen,
But with my spirit they are akin....

No generous outpour from Hyades,
Can cleanse the stubborn scars away...

Each blotch a laurel on my naked soul...

I feel the droplets touch my being...
Daring them to turn me away from my dream...
Scars beautify my purified soul,
Proving i have lived life to the full...

© 2014 Sophy Freebirds


Author's Note

Sophy Freebirds
Dare to die!! Hope you like it ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Again, I am amazed by your talent! This poem is so deep and so beautiful. "Scars beautify my purified soul, Proving i have lived life to the full..." Just simply amazing. I love all of your work and there has not been one that I have not thoroughly enjoyed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I got scars - physically and emotionally...and sometimes I hate them but they continue to remind me of what I am made of. I love this poem of yours from the words you used up to the concept and message. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Olive :)
Aprille

9 Years Ago

My pleasure. :)
That is certainly a different way to look at scars, but you are right, if we get out of life without any it is like we haven't lived at all. Physical, mental, emotional, they all count as experience that we have to have in order to be human. Great work Sophy, this was a really cool concept.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much sweety.. :)
Makes me look at scars in a whole different light. Very great and eye opening poem!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you John ;)
Powerful and strong words. You create places where we learn than accept the burn. The purification of soul will happen often. Must dance on hot coals to know we had lived.
"Scars beautify my purified soul,
Proving i have lived life to the full... "
I like the complete poem. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much John ;)
Another knockout piece my friend...I love it when you get mythical :) The way you present the idea of scars is unique and nothing short of breathtaking for me...

I know the scars are unseen,
But with my spirit they are akin....these lines were amazing, and reminded me of how I feel about my past and how it dictates my present...I only hope it's not too late to hide them from my future...and the final pair of lines just summed it up perfectly...I'm not sure how trusting I would be of a person with no scars haha This is a perfectly-written ode to 'living and learning'...love this one :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Àww... i hope dear friend you learn to appreciate your scars and that they don't shadow your future.. read more
Oh wow, yes, they make you appreciate life so much more. I wrote something along similar lines but different. :)
Wonderfully penned my gorgeous friend!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much sweetie :)
your many scars and harsh lessons serve to raise you higher up the ladder of life, one day we all achieve the peak and life becomes no longer necessary, the continual rebirth of life to life ends. We find peace. Brilliant poem Sophy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Gracias Richard ;)
Scars are expressive of the experiences of life and impressive in the human soul's tenacity. An excellent write...:)...........................

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sami
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)............
I love how you dabble in mythology, scars indeed tell our story, you've written it blissfully so, live life to the max, scars and all Sophy, yep. :) Going in my favorites toot sweet!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Yep babes... thank you so much sweety :)
This is one is outstanding, very few chooses to write this way... classic elements are perfectly blended with agony of life, although agony leave us with the experience...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Agreed :) thank you Mayank.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

913 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 19, 2014
Last Updated on August 19, 2014

Author

Sophy Freebirds
Sophy Freebirds

Balangir, Odisha, India



About
Christened as Sophy i try to live up to this name.Introduction is something i am never good at.But if you want to know me,read me. My Real name is Ankita Sagar.Will be turning 19 soon this Septembe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cool Sand Cool Sand

A Poem by MsJewel