Build your author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Falling

Falling

A Story by Emma Arthurs

We came to agreements with rope burn and blood smeared shoulders, taking turns to breathe deeply.  Arrangements made between burning lips and taste between teeth.  


We were desire made flesh and given no labels.  Getting inside of heads was part of the game - f*****g with the poor boys heart was not part of the first act.  Nor the second.  If they were to sit and write from the first instance it would be nowhere in sight.  An unexpected plot twist that should have been stamped out when the feel of your skin on mine became less like punches and more like ghostly flutters.


You tried to teach me to fall in love with stolen glances and lingering fingertips.  Whispers in dark and kisses planted on hands you pulled to face when I was half way to sleeping.  I tried to teach you to fall, in more general terms.  Out of love, perhaps.  To step over the edge and let everything go, cares and regrets touching down momentarily on the corners of your mind.


Your words crawled under skin and lingered in cells, anger drawing out from lungs.  Sentences trailed behind when I walked away, refusing to pick up broken bits and pieces.  I lost your voice over a year ago, to resurface with heartfelt laments on an anniversary of saying goodbye.


I think it’s safe to say we both failed, no matter how hard you hit the ground.

© 2013 Emma Arthurs


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013
Tags: monologue, short, story, short story, personal

Author

Emma Arthurs
Emma Arthurs

Glasgow, United Kingdom



About
I'm nineteen years old and I can barely begin to describe myself. I write snippets, mismatched pieces that fit together somewhere along the line. I write my mind. more..

Writing
Organic Organic

A Poem by Emma Arthurs