Just another love Story.

Just another love Story.

A Story by Tahna

She lay on her bed quiet. Hearing the voices in her head, The break up argument, replayed, like a scene from the DVD or a song someone loved. She made Imaginary conversations, with things she wished she had said. Words oh so clever and witty,.. She didn’t cry, what would be the point? But her emotions suddenly disagree. This didn’t make sense! She didn’t want to cry, this wasn’t right to her. Tears dripped slowly and she didn’t bother to wipe them away. They felt good against her soft cheek as if they were washing away the pain.  She could taste the salt on her lips as each tear fell slowly down. She breathed deeply, wanting to stop crying. Drawing her hands through her hair, she sighs and stands up. She walks over to her mirror to look at herself. Her eyes are still teary, but she rubs them dry now. She didn’t know why it hurt her. Her pain didn’t seem right, why cry over a break up? Why cry like something died? Something did die. She thought. She knew what died was their relationship, she knew this, but it did not feel worthy to cry over. Not over him. Never over him again. She took another deep breath, and remembered the one person that helped her get through these pains. The only brother like figure in her life, the one male she really loved, the one she had feelings for, but never felt good enough for him. She thought a letter would be a romantic thing to do, she loved him, she wasn’t going to flick him a “I love you” Text, no, that wasn’t her.

 

Peter, I wanted to tell you that I broke up with my boyfriend. I loved him Peter, I truly did, but now it’s over, I feel so strange; I don’t know what to make of it. I’m not sure how I feel. But I do know how I feel about you. Ever since we met 5 years ago, I feel like I can rely on you. You are like a savoir to me over the years, over several boyfriends. But you, Peter, Have not broken my heart, not once. I feel that you could care about me more. More than just a friend. Peter, I like you, and I want you in my life, forever. I’m sorry if this surprises you, but what we did last week was fun, don’t you agree? I love being with you peter.

Love always, Katy.

 

Two weeks passed, and Katy thought she must have scared him off. What did she do? She was positive that he felt the same way, especially after last week, after everything and after all that they had gone through, the almost relationships they had, until another girl or boy distracted them. She felt, this must be the right time. It was about time wasn’t it? Or had she miss read all the signals? Was she really that stupid? No. That can’t be it, there must be another reason.

 

Katy awoke unusually early for the weekend. Her nose woke first, she smelt bacon cooking... her favourite breakfast. As she headed downstairs the smell grew stronger, which made her hungrier. She looked tiredly into the kitchen, to find a young man frying the bacon; Peter. She smiled to herself so he had got the letter. He turned and looked at her, smiling he said; “I love you Katy.” She smiled back, “I love you too”  Despite the two week delay, she really felt true love at last, the kind that will never leave. Peter handed her his letter.

 

Katy, My heart goes out for your heartbreak. I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I didn’t know what to say when you sent me that letter. I have loved you with all my heart since we met. I feel like your love for me is late, but I do love you back, Katy. I will not break your heart, Thats one thing I can truly promise and that I will always be here for you.

I love you Katy.

Peter.

 

Katy smiled at him and fell into his open arms, he held her tight, not letting her go.

© 2010 Tahna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the ending. It was the perfect way to bring it to a close! Perfect! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


very good.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 31, 2010
Last Updated on May 31, 2010

Author

Tahna
Tahna

New Zealand



About
Hey, my names Tahna. I've been writing since I was about 9 or younger I just remember loving expressive writing at Primary school so that's how I started. more..

Writing
Lets be Lets be

A Poem by Tahna


Bound Bound

A Poem by Tahna