The light lies within.

The light lies within.

A Poem by Spacecadet
"

Look no further than yourself.

"
Breaking away from the demons 
That pull us to the ground 
Running from our shadows, 
Aching to be found 

 Travel 'round the world 
With empty hearts and tired hands
 Seeking guidance in these maps
 To lead us to the promised land. 

 So we tread these mountains 
And wade through seas 
 For at the bottom of the bed 
We might find a key 

 Locked away inside the corners of our life
 Are little pieces of heaven 
 That will align 
To pave the path to paradise.

© 2014 Spacecadet


Author's Note

Spacecadet
"That ray of light? Run after it. Chase it down. Trap it in the palm of your hands and never let it go."
- Yours truly.

Have a great day :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is behind every wispy cloud roaming across the sky, and inside the iris of a butterfly, or on the reflection of a calm sea., the sun gives life and that is the key..................

Posted 10 Years Ago


We hold the key to happiness. Very good message and great write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great poem, very well written and relatable concept, look forward to reading more :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sounds like a journey that we all must go through at some point in our lives, maybe more than once...well done, well-written :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is beautiful Cadet.Your lines are gorgeous :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


A thoughtful poem. The message is by no means new, but very few messages really are. Poetry is always about how they are delivered. This write, and your writing in general, seems gentle to me. That attribute draws me towards your poetry. Even your first stanza, where you speak of breaking away from demons, I do not feel the dread that one might naturally associated with being incarcerated by a demon, whatever be its nature. And I ask myself why... And then I realize that it isn't really your personal dread that you are talking about here. You are communicating with us readers. You are speaking of our collective dread. It isn't about your personal discovery of the light within you, but a general appeal to us all to undertake a collective search to find the light within each of us. Companionship always dulls pain. Indeed, even in stanzas further down, you speak of 'we' and 'us'. Since you carry us along with you, the first three stanzas embodying struggle and suffering appear quite palatable to us. It is never too much of an obstacle if everyone is facing it.

The first three stanzas, like I said, are gentle. That is not always a good thing. Sometimes a gentle tones seriously gets in the way of expressing the raw force of emotions. That isn't the case here, but it is something to watch out for.

The final stanza, though, is the best one for me. It is gorgeous. "Little pieces of heaven" is such an elegant phrase. The poem desperately needed a strong conclusion and you certainly delivered. In all honesty, though, I have to say that your Author's Note is more poetic than the actual poem and made a deeper impression upon me. Your poem leaves a pleasant aftertaste. Keep writing! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awesome poem keep up the great work i can't wait to read more

Posted 10 Years Ago


I truly enjoyed this eleganty created work of yours, simply amazing my friend!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Always moving forward unto dawn searching for the light. Well done! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Raj
its a nice poem.nice flow and description. I also like the theme of the poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

887 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2014
Last Updated on April 26, 2014
Tags: Poem, light, hope, faith, believe

Author

Spacecadet
Spacecadet

About
I'm a student, moody writer and keen discoverer of soulful writing. Everything I write is right from my heart. Being a hopeless romantic, my favorite genre to read and write is romance. Heartbreak mak.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cyber Girl Cyber Girl

A Poem by s y e