Ghost Town

Ghost Town

A Story by Ryan
"

I was challenged to write a story using three things. Those were, comedy, a ghost town, and zombies killing everyone.

"

Zeke has been running for days. Well if you could even call it running. He’s spent the past few nights wielding his shotgun close to his chest for protection and traveling from rooftop to rooftop seeking a new hope. The early dawn breaks upon the crescent horizon and illuminates all the surroundings. It shines over everything though there is nothing left. Just the light breeze that blows by before every step carrying the scent of a fresh road kill. Around 9:00 in the morning Zeke awakens to the presence of one. Slowly walking toward him with dangling arms and a rotting face. One of its feet twisted sideways as when your shoe gets caught on the rug. Back hunched over and head cocked to the side staring at the ground below him. Then twitches his head up at Zeke gazing coldly right into his eyes. Zeke recognizes this one from a previous encounter from which sent him running in fear. He was sure it was this one. Only one could have such a large blast taken out of its middle region. Only from where it ate one of Zeke’s 12 gauge rounds. He brushes his hand over a long red and purple scratch on his left leg, so deep though crusted over and almost healed.

“Its been too long.”

“Arhahghhag”

“That’s what I was thinking!” With one loud click from the barrel, Zeke lifts the gun and aims it right at the sweet spot. A quarter foot above where its chest cavity would be, right at its dome.

“So long be-otch!” It grits its teeth, or what’s left of them and takes another half a step forward. Zeke stares down the barrel of the gun and grabs the trigger with the ball of his finger starting to pull it back. Upon the release of the pressure from the spring, it slings back toward him. “CLICK.” Zeke stands frozen and everything inside him starts pacing up to about twice its normal rate. He quickly goes for the cartridge he seemingly hasn’t replenished in weeks. Nothing, empty just like the expression upon his hopeless face. With thoughts of death zooming across his mind and the thing about twenty feet away. He shuffles through his backpack desperately looking for a loose shell. Though still nothing. Zeke goes to turn around though is 
stopped by a huge wave of them. All blindly moving toward him and ceasing to digress in stopping to inch closer.

© 2013 Ryan


Author's Note

Ryan
Predict what happens next! And maybe suggest another title.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Introduce a female heroine to save his butt. Then you have another major component of great story writing. The "LOVE" factor. OH MYYYYYY....... This is good stuff, although I'm quite partial to anything that has zombies in it. Good work, I hope you finish it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Introduce a female heroine to save his butt. Then you have another major component of great story writing. The "LOVE" factor. OH MYYYYYY....... This is good stuff, although I'm quite partial to anything that has zombies in it. Good work, I hope you finish it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 26, 2013
Last Updated on December 4, 2013
Tags: Zombies, apocalypse, comedy

Author

Ryan
Ryan

Grandville, MI



About
I like to write || Love the Lord more..

Writing
The Fruit The Fruit

A Poem by Ryan


Lost Lost

A Poem by Ryan


Heart Cry Heart Cry

A Poem by Ryan