Ghost ch. 1

Ghost ch. 1

A Story by Stormy
"

This is a story about 2 aliens that were captured by an enemy race, called the Krakens, and have been released onto Venus for unknown purposes.

"

Ghost

Peregrine dug through a nearby deposit, tossing everything useless to the floor of Venus, letting it shrivel under the extreme heat. Thunder rumbled ominously in the distance, perfecting the aura of a ghost town. Venus’s capital city, also known as Oranzia, had been destroyed by the Krakens, a squid-like race that looked suspiciously like Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean. The city had been home to the Bikin, who were the same species as Peregrine. They looked like humanoid dragons with wings, tail, parrot-like beaks, and a rather feathered crest. The invading Krakens had left some time ago for unknown reasons, letting Peregrine and I free.

I was a Drifter. My species had once lived on Earth, then spread throughout the galaxy. Think of a boggart, except anyone can see its true form �" a ghost. My name is… well, I don’t have a name. I can only communicate telepathically, and even then only to my own people. Peregrine believes that I’m stupid, despite me having saved her life more than once. She has a bad memory.

As wistful thoughts of having a full stomach whispered themselves into my ears, jets roared overhead. Peregrine scowled at me, as if the small interruption was my fault. Then we saw the near invisible armada ship. It was massive, bulky yet sleek, telltale gaps where weapons could be placed. Inside, I could see a Kraken. Its tentacles were wrapped securely around the joystick, letting out a phlegmy gurgle before hissing into a radio, rasping out foreign words in an excited manner. Peregrine huffed, shoving me forward. “Go do your thing, Drifter,” she spat venomously.

The Kraken’s eyes widened, emitting a high-pitched shriek once it saw me. It darted away as panic filled its vision; the spacecraft dipping before crashing as the driver fled. Things were about to get interesting. Peregrine’s face turned grim, her scaled brow creasing into a frown. “Why now? Why have they returned after so long? To compare Venus’ destruction to that wrecked by the next generation of Krakens?”

I mentally snorted at her dramatic speech until responsibility took over. I pushed her into the shadows, her fighting me all the way as everything dissolved into chaos. Krakens immediately swarmed the area, armed with taser guns, heat sensors, handcuffs, and choppers came in. We should have run and hidden in the nice, hot core. So of course, my Bikin friend did the exact opposite, rebelling and dashing straight into their line of sight. The leading Kraken raised his gun, tentacles on his chin twisting like a beard of snakes. He pulled the trigger.

It was only a tranquillizer, thank god. I watched closely, taking note of their emotions and weapons. Like heck I was going to let these strange events unfold. I rolled up my sleeves; taking a deep breath. I hated using my fear powers, but it had to be done. I threw an empty soda can into the air, where it jumped off an armada ship and clattered to the ground in front of the leading Kraken. I strutted forward, and the leader doubled over, puking into the ground. The hot surface immediately absorbed it like a hungry child would a lollypop. Zombies. Another fell to his knees, holding out a shining pendant in his grimy fingers. Big mistake. He dissolved into a puddle, the heat resistant suit he was wearing not enough to keep away the fiery temperatures. Demons - classic. All others bolted instantly, leaving an unconscious Peregrine behind.

The Bikin and Drifter races alone were immune to the heat of Venus. I grabbed the pendant that rested beside a steaming puddle of grayish slime. I examined it closely before tossing it into my pocket, then resumed my slow, unhurried walk towards my fallen companion. I did a simple transport spell, causing us to dissipate into thin air and return to my home.

My house, which I had nicknamed Betty, was a modified human trailer, born to travel the stars. I tossed Peregrine onto the twin bed and threw a ratty blanket over her midsection. We would need to stop by Earth to pick up supplies. Too bad we would have to start our trust all over again.  We would be on much better terms if it wasn’t for her amnesia. Yes, alright, and also if aliens stopped chasing us. I hit the accelerator, and we blasted into the unknown.

                 

© 2014 Stormy


Author's Note

Stormy
please comment if you like! this will be a chaptered story, so it may take me a while to update sometimes. Love you guys!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on October 18, 2014
Last Updated on October 18, 2014
Tags: aliens, sci-fi, adventure, distrust, danger

Author

Stormy
Stormy

Lakewood, CA



About
Hi, it's me, Storm. if you enjoy my writing, be sure to let me know what you think in the reviews. Here is a cookie for all my lovely supporters! I really appreciate all your help.! (::) (::) -Stormy.. more..

Writing
Creative Creative

A Poem by Stormy


Bedtime Bedtime

A Chapter by Stormy