I don't know

I don't know

A Story by Laura Sparkle

I don't know what happened. I think that as the blood snaked down my arms something changed in the structure of my very soul. Nothing felt the same after that. Mainly because nothing ever was. I mean, somehow I got through the night and as my eyes opened the next day, he was there. He was there... and he was furious. I guess the look on his face tipped me off to it, but the way he barked at me afterwards left a foul taste in my mouth.
Now I couldn't tell you what he had said to me. Mainly because I was so shocked at his presence that they went through one ear and left through the other. He was beautiful. He really was. His eyes were as silver as the moon and his hair was as black as the night itself. His lips looked as if contoured with a deeper shade of pink and he looked as if carved out of the whitest marble found on the planet.
For as long as I can remember, he's worn that cross around his neck. Simple as it was, but always there on its thin white gold chain. He tried putting it around my neck once, just once, and I looked at him unblinking for several moments. He soon abandoned the thought and replaced it at the base of his neck.
When I first saw him, I thought I was dead. I mean, I should have been. I was sure the blood had soaked through my mattress and through the bunny I held so tightly close to my heart. I guess I was wrong because the bunny was clean, and the cuts on my arms seemed as if the veins were traced with white chalk.
The scars aren't there anymore. They should be... but they aren't. I don't know why, they just disappeared. He, however, is still with me. A ghost of the past trying to make sure I have a future. Odd, eh? I don't know what happened... sometimes... I'm glad I don't

© 2010 Laura Sparkle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on October 10, 2010
Last Updated on October 10, 2010

Author

Laura Sparkle
Laura Sparkle

Anywhere, CA



About
Hello. All you ever need to know about me can easily be obtained by asking. So knock yourself and satisfy your curiosity. :) more..

Writing
To Me To Me

A Poem by Laura Sparkle


Addict Addict

A Poem by Laura Sparkle