Reflecting Revolutions

Reflecting Revolutions

A Story by spence
"

Flash fiction in a poetic prose.

"

MariA applies her lipstick.

 

It glisten’s waxen red in the glow of naked flame that fluctuates to punctuate the early evening shade.

 

Scarlet temptation is smoothed left to right within the mirrored confines...

 

 ...then a yell- her name, from somewhere up ahead jolts her.

 

In shock she lurches forward; her painting palm flailing to the side.

 

Reflections of executioners greet her subsequent upturned glare which then follows right to the line of red that somehow besmirches the watered glass.

 

Confused; MariA reaches to touch, (surely there could be no mark made from so far away?), though touch she does not. But it’s so close to her face.

 

Then, finally, to the truth:

 

Deprivation greets the anticipation of sensation at refraction by the frightened face then, as the image stands to turn to fate… the shadow of MariA fades.

 

And the mirror waits the dawning of another regal face.  

© 2010 spence


Author's Note

spence
This is a new style for me. Thought I'd try something of a 'gothic' approach to socio-political theory for a change.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice! I like the new twist on the topic, very nice indeed. I'm glad you decided to try a new approach, it worked out well. Amazing as usual!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Added on December 17, 2010
Last Updated on December 17, 2010

Author

spence
spence

Grimsby, United Kingdom



About
Just returning to WritersCafe after a couple of years in the wilderness of life. I'm a 40 year old (until December 2013, at least) father of two, former youth and community worker, sometime socio-pol.. more..

Writing