Finding Mnemonic: An Unforgettable Post Graduate Story

Finding Mnemonic: An Unforgettable Post Graduate Story

A Poem by spence
"

A re-write of Finding Nemo in relation to the experience of University.

"

So you dirtied the confines of your oh so forgettable Dory story, in order to escape a life trapped in an undersized fish bowl and search for greater glory.

You allowed yourself to be bagged and tagged then rolled out of the yawning window before falling down to the awning until you were nothing but a small thing on the busy, grimy streets below.

You navigated your way across the hazardous highway and its flying fleet then between the fleeting feet of random waist, (who do not even care to look so low to see who they might trod on where they hurriedly, thoughtlessly go), that sent you swaying, spinning to and fro.

Then after all those trials and troubles every last iota of strength you somehow summoned to regain the motivation, the motion to push on, overcome more tribulations and breach that final barrier to the beach to bask in the sun.

Now that all the upheaval and commotion, which caused varying degrees of peril, trauma and heightened emotion, has been passed you have finally, at last, found the freedom of the endless open ocean…

 

…… so ……

 

 

‘Now what?’

© 2011 spence


Author's Note

spence
Does this relate to your experience of further education?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not sure what to say but this is very well done

Posted 13 Years Ago



this one hits pretty hard. good stuff. Great question


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 16, 2011
Last Updated on March 16, 2011

Author

spence
spence

Grimsby, United Kingdom



About
Just returning to WritersCafe after a couple of years in the wilderness of life. I'm a 40 year old (until December 2013, at least) father of two, former youth and community worker, sometime socio-pol.. more..

Writing