100% Girl

100% Girl

A Story by spenderlou
"

This is inspired by one of my favorite short stories, and adapted a bit to suit my life more accurately.

"

There was once a boy who was madly attracted to a girl. He had found her at University, and found her quite attractive and delightful. She was, he believed, his 100% girl. He found that no other person could be as perfect for him as this girl. 
   
He did not delude himself, this girl was not the most beautiful girl to ever live, nor was she the smartest he had ever seen. He didn’t even know whether she had been her type, he had always been to awestruck to utter a word to her. 

But he saw this girl increasingly frequently, whether by coincidence or by choice. And every time, she grew more beautiful and perfect. Not perfect in the sense that she was flawless, but in that her flaws made her more perfect, and she made herself  immaculate in all of her ways.

And one day he wondered what he would say if he ever talked to the girl.

“Hello,” No, too formal. 
“Hi” Never, too casual. 
Perhaps he could try and be honest with her, and say, 
“excuse me , ma'am, but you seem to be my 100% girl.”
But then she might say “but you are not my 100% boy.” 
It could certainly happen.

So he remained impartial, quietly admiring her from afar, until finally it became too much. He sat down, and thought long and hard about what he could say. 
“I could tell her a story, I suppose.”

There was a boy and a girl. The boy was not particularly handsome, nor was the girl particularly beautiful. But to each other, they were 100% perfect. One day, the boy walked up to the girl and told her, “excuse me ma'am, but you seem to be my 100% girl.” And she looked at him and said, “And you are my 100% boy, perfect in every way I could imagine.”, and so they sat on a bench and held hands and told each other their stories, and they laughed and they had fun being with each other. And the girl said to the boy, “if we are truly 100% for each other, we should test it. If we are truly perfect for each other, then if we left here separately, surely we would meet again through fate.” And the boy agreed, and they went their separate ways.

But it was not so, and they never met again. They went their separate ways and forgot about each other. If only they had accepted that it was meant to be the first time they saw each other, they could have been happy forever. 

So that's what I told her. 

© 2016 spenderlou


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on June 13, 2016
Last Updated on June 13, 2016

Author

spenderlou
spenderlou

Tulsa, OK



About
I am 17 years old from the US. My name is Tatum. Nice to meet you. more..

Writing
Monologue Monologue

A Story by spenderlou


Anisa Anisa

A Poem by spenderlou