Edge of Forever

Edge of Forever

A Story by Eiades
"

Just a short story about how I felt at the time.

"
     My feet brush the side.  Debris of loose remains roll and fall into the ocean crashing below.  Vertigo hits at this height, but only to delay.
     No one knows when things went wrong, and even the purest of the pure no longer care.  And so I stand upon the last bit of soil to grace my bare feet, digging their rough ridges, turning my feet into canvas of rough terrain.
     I've never been free to think or act in the ways that fully seemed right.  This can't be real, yet this cliff I stand before seems more real than anything my imagination could dream up.
     How I long for the days past.  Bring back all that I regret so that my mistakes may be played out again instead of on repeat in my dreams.  Over and over reenacted as a play meant for me and me alone.  Each moment to tear down another section of wall that makes me the man that stands here.  Little left to show, as my soul better symbolizes this fragile cliff.  Small chunks being cast out into the ocean's void.
     Dark clouds roll in and darken my surrounding, making what I see and what I feel more alike than not.  Everything pushed and pulled as the winds pick up speed, creating a dance for the amusement of anyone to see.  Small droplets of left over rain from our winter soak my skin and darken the soil.  This site so depressingly beautiful.  My last moment to smile.
     Thoughts scramble and play along as I soak in what little there is to want to remember.  All the metaphors and assumptions that make our world such a disaster.  So little we want to understand that my heart feels sick.  Road blocks are what make up our potential, knowing only what is comfortable and familiar and casting out the rest.
     I've found my salvation, and it remains without anyone.

© 2012 Eiades


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, quite a powerful story.
Quite vivid too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Eiades

11 Years Ago

Thanks, and sorry I haven't been around to read anything of yours, been somewhat distant from the wr.. read more
Beautiful c:

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eiades

11 Years Ago

Thanks! At that moment in time I felt like the only place I wanted to be was on a cliff near the oc.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2012
Last Updated on July 24, 2012

Author

Eiades
Eiades

GA



About
My name is Chris, Eiades is just the name of a character from my book Audia that I pretty much fell in love with. I've been writing for a number of years and I still consider myself new. I've come t.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Eiades


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eiades