The Lake

The Lake

A Poem by splattercore
"

A poem about the lake.

"
Jump right in, take a dip, swim around the lake. Nothing’s wrong, over here, it’s just getting late. Because once the lights go out for the night, I’ll be here soon and you won’t want to stay here long. For I’m over dying in the dark and being thrown against a tree. Maybe it’s time that I’ll snap back. Maybe it’s good you’re running free. Because the heat will die once you get close to me. Stop to look all around and you’ll see that people are dying because of me. I have a hammer and I’m not afraid to use it defense of all the misery. The difference between life and death and thrusting through with promises. Promises that you can’t keep, and throwing the rest away for the trash that they are. One more thing, I’ll swallow. It won’t be defeat. It’ll be your last gasp.

© 2018 splattercore


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it...It was so terrific...I must say that you are one of those best writers whom I met here on writers cafe..Good job..
Keep on writing...

Posted 5 Years Ago


Ha! Swallowing their last gasp, I like that. Very clever and terrific imagery. Good job man

Posted 6 Years Ago


Really good. Very tense, eery. I liked this a lot.

Posted 6 Years Ago


splattercore

6 Years Ago

Thanks a lot!
Empress Ophelia

6 Years Ago

"because the heat will die once you get close to me" gave me goosebumps. I can physically feel the n.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018

Author

splattercore
splattercore

Silent Hill, CA



About
t's plain and simple. I don't give a s**t. Just writing what I'm feeling tomorrow. I can write pieces that will stick to me for a lifetime. I can also throw those very same pieces in the garbage a wee.. more..

Writing
Drip Drop Drip Drop

A Story by splattercore