On Top of the World

On Top of the World

A Poem by splattercore
"

A poem about being on top of the world.

"
It’s a joy when I’m screaming from the tops of the roofs, acting manic in a foolish way. I’ll hang on the edge, with a hand on the brick. It’s a joy to see you shouting for me. Maybe dance a little closer and I’ll look back to see you wonder if I’m a poser. I’ll probably look to the ground, a hundred feet above the town. It’s a joy. Wonder if I’ll fall today. Splatter on the ground below me. I see another hundred street cleaners ready with hoses and their brooms pushing toward me. Stop looking back at me. You’re not running after me. Do not try to grab as I’m making the decision. I’m over, staring at a portrait. Living inside for the love and for the moment. Staring at the world below. Maybe I’m going to take one last leap of faith. Goodbye mom, and goodbye dad. This is the end for me, fade to black. I’m not looking back now and my mind is made up. I’m gonna live today.

© 2018 splattercore


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
T
Choosing to live another day when black is the color of our soul,until it's not again. Poets always have this way of expressing what others fear to say. Your poetry is moving, thank you for sharing!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Wow..You are indeed great as a writer...I loved the way you wrote this...
Well done and keep it up..
Keep on writing..

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very intense poetry, Splattercore. You're a gifted writer. Thanks for taking the time to review my poem.
I always like getting feedback.

Posted 5 Years Ago


splattercore

5 Years Ago

Wow, that really means a lot! Thank you so much!
GothGranny

5 Years Ago

You're welcome, keep on writing.
Very nice to read this fantastic poem

Posted 6 Years Ago


splattercore

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018

Author

splattercore
splattercore

Silent Hill, CA



About
t's plain and simple. I don't give a s**t. Just writing what I'm feeling tomorrow. I can write pieces that will stick to me for a lifetime. I can also throw those very same pieces in the garbage a wee.. more..

Writing
Drip Drop Drip Drop

A Story by splattercore