A Christmas Miracle

A Christmas Miracle

A Story by Savannah Marie 9
"

A short story of the hardships of a little boy and a rich girl who is lost on a white, snowy Christman Eve

"

The stars and barren moon stared down at the little boy, treading through the filthy snow. The silent, wispy flakes danced aimlessly, laughing noiselessly around his head, gently covering his cap. His nose and cheeks were red because of the nipping weather. He walked without direction in the big city, stopping every once in awhile to admire the soft twinkling rainbow lights in windows, adorning the home. He was a homeless little boy, selling boxes of holly that no one had wanted. His dirty brown boots crunched the icy snow, his worn, red wagon behind him. He turned into an alleyway, stopping when he reached a sewer hole in the ground. This was the only warmth he could receive in the blistering, freezing weather. He rubbed his numb hands together, trying to warm them in the cold.

            Then he heard it, a soft whimpering noise. He brushed it off as a stray tom cat. He ran his hands over his filthy coat, playing with the loose threads and holes. He wondered what other little children would be doing right now; would they be listening to their family member’s trade stories of the year, good and bad, by a crackling warm fire. Or setting cookies out for Santa, maybe even trying to open the presents early? Another chilling blast of air woke him from his light doze, the cruel weather nipping at his finger tips and nose. Then there it was again, the whimpering noise, and he refused to brush it off this time.

            He tiredly got up, stretching the cracks out of his neck. He secured the scarf and scurried down the alley way, picking up garbage and putting it into its respectful place. When he approached the source of the noise, he reeled back. A young little girl, no older than him, was sitting there shivering in the cold. Her night black hair was tangled and knotted, and dirt littered her here and there. The flimsy, little sweater was no good against the dropping temperatures.

            “Were in the world is your coat?” The boy asked, hoping to get a response.

            “A man stole it, and then ran away.” Her voices echoed in the alley, he barely caught it; it was soft and quiet like the wind.

            “Were do you live.” He crouched to her level, taking off his scarf and wrapping it around her neck.

            “Four twenty two, Oak view. It’s in the center of the city.” His eyes widened. That is where all of the extremely high class people lived, in the big sky scrapers, towering the city.

            “What’s a rich girl like you doing all the way down here?!” He asked shocked beyond belief. He helped her on to her feet, and she smoothed out her sweater.

            “I got lost. My parents and I were shopping for presents and we were separated into the crowds. I looked for a long time and well, here I am.” She smiled softly.

            “Well I can take you to the police station. It’s about seven blocks over.” The boy suggested. She nodded at him.

            “That would be great.” So they walked down the sidewalk, enjoying the silence. He noticed that she was shivering, so he handed her his worn down coat.

            “Take it.” He stated.

            “But-”

            “Take it. You’re cold.” She nodded and slipped the coat on. She sighed softly, savoring the warmth.

            “So where is your family?” She asked.

            “Never had one. I have survived on my own. It can be hard at times, but you just work through it.” She gasped, but he laughed at her, kicking pieces of ice out of the way.

            “No way, you must have had a guardian angel or something.” He smiled.

            “Yeah, sure. Something along those lines.” He murmured.

            “Okay then. Ugh it’s so cold! How do you stand it?” He just smiled at her.

             They continued walking until they got to the police station, where, unusually her parents were there. The girl ran to her mother crying, embraced by bother her mother and father. She was surrounded by questions and he father stopped him to ask one of his own.

            “How did you find your way all the way here?” He looked down off his nose, waiting for an answer.

            “It was the boy out there father, he guided me here. He even gave me this coat!” She exclaimed, pointing towards the rugged coat. The police men and her parents gave her strange looks.

            “No one’s out there.” She looked out towards the window and saw no one. Then a glimmer of light shone and there stood the boy, with white angle wings. He waved and flew towards the twinkling high heavens, leaving a golden trail of light behind him. She smiled and knew she had found a guardian angel of her own.

            “What are you looking at darling?” Her mother asked. She beckoned her closer to come sit with her. The girl sat in the chair and smiled.

            “My own Christmas miracle, mother.” All that was left of him was a single golden holly leaf.

© 2012 Savannah Marie 9


Author's Note

Savannah Marie 9
this was my essay for grammer class, and i really liked it and wanted to post it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG I so love this
it's a really cute and sweet story
this is just so amazing!
^-^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on January 16, 2012
Last Updated on January 16, 2012