Discovering life

Discovering life

A Story by Sreesreshta Nair
"

A journey through the mind to discover the actual meaning of life and what is important

"
Our Protagonist Anand is a typical poster boy for today's youth around the world who is slowly coming down from the fantasy ride of youth and entering the battlefield of life ! Or ....wait..... is life a Battlefield? Well according to our society and our system it is , From Darwin's theory of survival of fittest to our modern day competitive economical  system everything is a battle .
Anand now 29 is a just into his married life with Anna George with whom he had long complicated typical indian inter religion love story  and he was pretty well settled with his job at a leading IT firm and everything was just beautiful as it can get!

5 years on we have a completely changed situation in the life of our protagonist and his new situation is somewhat a reflection of many people around the world today ! He had become a father of a 1 year old baby girl . Suddenly his life was filled with problems of which most battles were happening inside his mind . He was totally irritated about lot of things ranging from a guy junior to him getting a promotion to his widening headline to a feeling of suddenly having to grow old! to loosing money in stock market! Anand was trying too hard to become mature by trying to control his parents and Anna alike which made situations at home worse!

Anna had lost her smile and Anand did not have time to think about it!! Its quite funny that a few years ago he was mad for that very smile .... Today was going to be a very important day in Anand's life as he was going for a big meeting with a client he was representing his company , He had to ensure that his company gets the deal which will build his reputation! Things did not work as Anand had expected it to and he was totally clueless and felt like life was conspiring against him . On returning home he smacks the food on the table and goes to the bedroom leaving Anna with a watery eye and his parents in a helpless position . 

As Anand slowly closed his eyes and the cool breeze of the fan took him to sleep he was waking up at somewhere else a place he had never seen before or been to ...... As he slowly looked around him he felt like he was in a illusion but was able to control himself . From Far North he could see a gentleman of nearly 20 years walk to him with a wide smile ! Anand enquired with raised eyebrows "what is this place? where am I? Why am I here? " . The gentleman smiled and said without any doubt " Dear friend you are here for a friendly chat". Anand asked with a doubting tone " But who are you?" . The Gentleman replied that he was a Charioteer of the northern mountains ! The charioteer made Anand comfortable and Anad felt a kind of peace that was missing from his life . After a few chit chats Anad was feeling very comfortable and he said to the charioteer that his life had become miserable and it was of no worth ! The charioteer smiled and came close to Anand and asked in a very subtle tone " My dear Friend What are the things that make your life worthy and beautiful"? Anand suddenly was pushed to a wave of thoughts and he could see the illusionary surroundings around him was also moving ... After a long thought Anand told the charioteer that he had no idea and the charioteer just smiled and the surroundings around him started to shape into things very familiar to Anand .... Slowly the moments of Anand's life imprinted in his deep inner memory started to be displayed .... From His father holding him as a 5 year old to his mother hugging him to Anna smiling at him for the first time to the nurse handing over his little baby to him and tears started rolling out of Anand's eyes and he whispered LOVE! and then he said firmly "Yes Love is what makes my life precious and beautiful !" but then again he started to get defensive and he said people around him never understood him and that is the cause (all humans defend themselves in the beginning) ...... The charioteer told Anand that his vehicle of the chariot was A Wolf and it was his best friend.... and the charioteer smiled and said wolves are beautiful creatures . Anand suddenly with raised eyebrows asked if wolfs can ever be tamed ! The charioteer replied "Certainly NO and its not always necessary to tame something to be close to it , Love does not mean that the person works according to your wishes ! That is slavery and not love " ! Anand suddenly started to painfully realise that it was always his mistake that he tried to rule others! The charioteer continued to say that most people are like sheeps they live in herds and are free from most risks but are always prey to boredom while being a loner wolf brings adventure and risks too , People who follow the herd have their paths easy but going against the road or an alternative wildly route is filled with risks but its always the tough path that leads to beautiful views ! " Anand was amused that the charioteer's indirect messages were directly hitting his heart. Anand broke down to tears and he realised his life was about his parents who live a life to make his life happy, his dear Anna who even after his bad behaviour stood by his side , all the beautiful moments and life was not about promotion or money or capital ! Suddenly a howl was heard and a white blue eyed wolf was visible a distance far north!!! The charioteer turned towards north and started to talk to Anand , He said the world has provided everything for its all creatures to live and love , It was all about the choices we make .... Anand enquired who really was the charioteer but the charioteer vanished as we walked north and Anand woke up from his bed ! He slowly dragged himself to kitchen , to his amusement it had just been 1 hour since he went to bed ! In the far left of their kitchen Anna was looking at something, As Anand moved closer it was their picture taken in college days and she was also writing her diary in which she wrote " Today was the day we met for the first time ever and a special day for both of us but he was very upset and did not even notice that I had prepared his favourite dish but I still Lov......", Before he could read the next line Anand's eye was clouded with tears waiting to drop... He hugged Anna and pleaded apology ... Anna was cold and did not know how to respond.... Watching this scene from a distance Anand's parents got emotional too as all this was happening a howling sound was heard and Anand realised that it was the sound of a creature who was master of himself unlike many humans including him .... Anand never understood what was the illusion but he had realised that the only thing that is worth fighting for and defending for is Love and when you have your loved ones around everything else was just illusion and purely temporary !


Anand's problems are just a reflection of the lives of many people around us....... The people who think of commiting suicide , thinking that their life is worthless should always realise that only the  strong will withstand a storm and only thing important is actual pure relations! As the snow wolf scales higher peaks in chilling temperatures let humans slowly start to realise meaning of freedom ,  love !


Come lets together take the world out of the illusion of wealth, greed and anger and spread the light of love and lift the world to bigger heights and work for a  more beautiful tomorrow !

COME LETS Discover Life for all that is !!!!!

Life maybe a battleground for many but Lets preferably keep to being a tale of love ! 


A tale of love is the tale of GOD ! and if you are an atheist lets say A tale of love is a tale of life !  



A Sreesreshta Nair Story .............

© 2017 Sreesreshta Nair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work... Ur story reflected the true condition of today's Man in such a competitive world especially the corporate sector in which daily we have to come up with new ideas and compete very hard with very talented people... And ur difference of love and slavery is mind blowing

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

658 Views
1 Review
Added on January 17, 2017
Last Updated on January 17, 2017
Tags: Life, Love, Philosophy, Meaning of life, Loner wolf, The discovery of life

Author

Sreesreshta Nair
Sreesreshta Nair

kozhikode, India



About
I am a teenager who loves to explore the magic of life as it unfolds and express it through tales of love ... :) all reviews welcome :) more..

Writing