TINTINNABULATIONS

TINTINNABULATIONS

A Poem by Pratibha
"

Tintinnabulation derives from Latin tintinnabulum "a bell," from tintinnare from tinnire, "to jingle." This poem is dedicated to my best friends URJA, SUSAN(NONNA), CLASSY, OUR VERY OWN KATIE AND MY PEN FRIEND FROM UK, VIJI, CHICKA ( MANDY)...all of whom

"

 

One beautiful morning...lovely weather...
Bells from a distant bullock cart, ting ting ting...alt
....Cymbals from a nearby temple...songs of praise for GOD...
altDancing sparrow on waves of air...alt
....swish swish swish...sprinkles of water from garden tap altwashing away dirt from leaves...
Old songs...from a radio somewhere far away...alt
Bangles of Mom...in kitchen..alt.hmmm, delicious puffed pooris with chicken curry...alt
Papa’s cycle ..tring tring tring..”Hey, Papa is home with my oil paint set”...alt
Tintinnabulations of life continue...
Ting Tong...Sanjib is home too...I am waiting for my bear hug from him...so is kriish before me...alt
*A big JUMP on PAPA* and lots of wet kisses and a huge JUMBO HUG...father-son got million$ lottery...
Bed time, Story time, Sweet dreams...sweetheart...
Kriish’s naughty brain sleeping...Actively planning for next day even in dreams...
Kriish’s sleeping with two closed fists – one with handful of sunshine...
...Second one has loads of naughty tricks...
...Dawn again...lazy eyes ready to welcome SUN...
Twinkling Stars gone...alt....See you tomorrow is what is kriish would say...
...yes, lonely dawn but serene and divine too...
...Me trying to grab a moment of peace here...
...a cup of ginger tea there...alt
GOD is waiting to smile through SUN...
....a hug from my virtual red chrysanthemum
...with a camera ready to shoot the sunrise...magic of dawn today...
Tick tock...tick tock...clock of life...not stopping even for a second...
Time to sit quietly...reminisce sweet past...feel my own heart beat...
“grow up...grow up...be happy, spread happiness and live one more life through kriish...”
It's me...it's me...feet in air...soul freed for today...discover, rediscover, cry, smile, fall down, get up, reach out to friends, chill OUT
Hush Hush...Let Life talk...Listen to the tintinnabulations of LIFE...Come let’s get lost together and discover yours with me...

© 2009 Pratibha


Author's Note

Pratibha
once again my feelings...just feelings....
:))

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I should admit firstly, that it is the unique title which attracted me towards the writing...and in the description, I read the meaning of it...and really, it is going so well with the poem :)
This is such a beautiful piece of writing, with brilliant formatting and all the pics which are going so well with the text.
You have written here your emotions and feelings so flawlessly and the flow is almost so effortless!
Brilliant piece of writing, great work :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hi prati....:)
Chal main aa gayi.....
Aisa lagta hai ke main khule have mein aa gayi........
It feels I am out there into fresh air after a very long time.......
Beautiful prati.....
innocence......its so precious...:)
I love it.....:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love the colored text, and use it often, but the yellow is hard to see on my computer screen.

What could I say that Bhavya Kaushik hasn't already said?
I could say that when your muse is with you the best thing to do is write...write...write, so keep writing while you can. There is always time to be a doctor.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this one alot. My favorite line is "lonely dawn but serene and divine too..." It feels like a sigh - cleansing and comforting. I always like the way you make your poems pop with pictures and colors, so much like your own personality. Its like looking into a little snippet of somebody's life and I can see you going about your daily business, taking those few precious moments for yourself. You did good on this one Prati!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I should admit firstly, that it is the unique title which attracted me towards the writing...and in the description, I read the meaning of it...and really, it is going so well with the poem :)
This is such a beautiful piece of writing, with brilliant formatting and all the pics which are going so well with the text.
You have written here your emotions and feelings so flawlessly and the flow is almost so effortless!
Brilliant piece of writing, great work :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another word image poem and that makes me happy. The poem (the words) are amazing and many of the images add a lot to the words and the sounds and the flow. I would say take away the color of the text, it's mostly just distracting and doesn't add much to understanding anything. Some of the images (the bear hug and the stars) seem a little more childish than the rest... I would keep a similar image tone throughout the poem, so sophisticated, photo-like images similar to the ones used in the beginning (the sparrows, the water sprinkler, the ginger tea.)

Again, manipulate how the pictures sit in relation to whats being read. It's good now, but poetry is a moving breathing art form that is constantly begging to be changed around. So give it what it wants.


Good job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

616 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2009
Last Updated on March 18, 2009

Author

Pratibha
Pratibha

London,Ontario, Canada



About
Well, i am 32 years old and a mother of a 5years old naughty but cute son, Sreyansh. I am at present at home taking care of him. When he starts his school this summer, i will go back to my job as a cl.. more..

Writing
KAVERI KAVERI

A Story by Pratibha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Obsidian Obsidian

A Poem by Sean Allen