LAST MAN FIGHTING

LAST MAN FIGHTING

A Poem by Pratibha

 

How effortless it is to ‘declare a war’?
As effortless as having a morning coffee with buttered toast inside a luxurious palace...

As effortless as releasing the ‘butterfly from a jewellery box’...right?

WRONG...
Can these power hungry monsters walk a mile in the shoes of the soldiers who...
Get up and get going at one signal of their Commander-in-chief without any doubt...
...With their country’s pride and love in their soul...
Leaving behind small kids who wave good bye knowing very well that this might be the LAST TIME...
WITH ONLY ONE GOAL...
“SAVE THE COUNTRY FROM INTRUDERS”...
“Who are these INTRUDERS?”
Someone like them...TRAPPED in the consequences of “FIGHT for POWER”...
Someone with similar dreams and ambitions like them...
Dream to lead a ‘SIMPLE’ life sans the danger of war lurking behind corners of life...
Life is precious, every moment counts, careless moves and death is ready with a tight hug...
Protect friends; kill enemies..., move forward, fight...
FIGHT and FIGHT ...till the last man is alive...
What is MISSING...What is wrong...Why we are still NOT HAPPY?
Birth of deformed babies...genetic instability over so many generations to follow...
End of flights of fantasy and achievement...
Who won? Who lost?
Hunger for Power won...Death won, Life lost...
Truth bowed head...Lie won...
Soul Lost...Demon won...
Let’s head towards HELL together HAND IN HAND...
NOTHING CAN SAVE OUR NEXT GENERATION...
NOTHING AND NO ONE EXCEPT GOD...ALWAYS watching from sky with tearful and frail eyes...
Reminiscing the days when peace, trust, harmony and love prevailed everywhere like a flying dove in limitless sky...
Like a vivacious, naughty Butterfly peeking out from jewellery box...playing hide and seek with flowers ....sunshine and honey bees...
.....in a never ending cadence of peace and tranquility...
What went wrong? What hindered the cadence?
Now there is no return...No Escape from the clutches of monstrous thoughts, devastating consequences...the more we get, the more we need...
...and what an irony? They call it a “DARING APPROACH”...Is it??
Can GOD save us...??
I am sure the prayers of the wounded soul of humanity is reaching HIS ears...
The prayer which says - "I drove for miles and miles and wound up at YOUR door."
I landed up at YOUR door GOD...YOUR DOOR...which will never close on my face...which will take away all my pains forever...
AND I Know GOD would help...

 

© 2009 Pratibha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I completly agree with your thoughts on war.Its so ugly and only really bad things can come out of it like people lives being ruined, families being broken and so much more I don't want ot think about.You show you messages so powerfully.I always get excited to read your work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I remember this one from before. I think that in the last few years we have all contemplated these issues as well. Its a sad time with all the fighting going on and yes, those in charge need to always remember those who actually put their lives on the line. Although its a serious poem there are still parts that are extremely beautiful:

" Like a vivacious, naughty Butterfly peeking out from jewellery box...playing hide and seek with flowers ....sunshine and honey bees..." This was the prettiest I think.

Wonderful job with the poem Prati!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2009
Last Updated on March 18, 2009

Author

Pratibha
Pratibha

London,Ontario, Canada



About
Well, i am 32 years old and a mother of a 5years old naughty but cute son, Sreyansh. I am at present at home taking care of him. When he starts his school this summer, i will go back to my job as a cl.. more..

Writing
KAVERI KAVERI

A Story by Pratibha