Your version of Selfless,Sounds a lot like my version of Selfish

Your version of Selfless,Sounds a lot like my version of Selfish

A Poem by Kristin
"

ya random ok just happened swag

"
   We spend 18 years of our lives completely stuck. 18 years under complete control of others, telling us what we have to do. Thousands of things being thrown at us and we're stuck in a game where parents and teachers and everyone alike is left with the controller. They tell us where and when we can go    as if we don't have minds of our own    I have a mind of my own. They tell us what they think we want as if they know what I'm thinking after dark when everyone else is asleep. Ever since I was a kid I was told "my plan" , to get my grades, go to some great university that my parents could brag about and become some doctor, lawyer type and of course I cant forget to be in tip-top shape because my happiness will be found    in the love of someone else. Someone to settle down with. My whole life my questions weren't answered. So tell me. Where does my happiness lie? What if I cant get the grades? What if I'm not meant for school? What if someone doesn't fall in love with me? Does it mean something to love myself? What if I don't want what you want and here I am stuck for 18 years fulfilling a dream that isn't mine?Why do I feel like I'm drowning in quicksand giving leaving all my air for someone else to take and waste? I guess what I'm trying to say between the what ifs and the endless s**t holes is that I'm not who you want me to be. I don't want to be that person. I never will be so why should I donate 18 years, to you. 

© 2014 Kristin


Author's Note

Kristin
its long and random and messy and i put it as prose because i dont really know what to call it

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know the emotion all too well, and lacking autonomy often leads to antagonistic attitudes towards those that hold our lives in their grasp. Constantly planning your future ahead can lead to disastrous choices, as any other decision might as well undo the years of difficult work we've done attempting to fulfill wishes that weren't ours in the first place, and the thing that I hate the most is that I am more than willing to do so, and that I know for certain I could kickstart my future career presently but the thing is, my custodians won't allow me.
I've come to the conclusion that the educational system might've worked for the prior generations, but ours is different, and we need to adjust the system accordingly once we're the ones in power . . . Well done, I like your rants, they're very subjective while appealing to a few facts as well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

My history teacher often tries to force Roman Catholicism and a Republican political view down our t.. read more
Kristin

10 Years Ago

That's why I like my history teacher he shows us all the possibilities there are and let's us debate.. read more
Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

That's great! My English teacher, and my Speech/Drama teacher are the same way.
Excellent Free write. These questions Plague everyone, and you have penned allot of peoples Concerns in this piece. Just know their is always a broken road before the solid path.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Well, that's a lot of good "what if" thingies. Are you just venting or do you want some advice?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ufi Auttorri ~ UfoAuthor

10 Years Ago

Ah, thanks. Well, I'll just hold my thoughts for now. You'll ask again if/when you're really in th.. read more
Kristin

10 Years Ago

No Is really like hearing your thoughts!
Ufi Auttorri ~ UfoAuthor

10 Years Ago

It simple, really. Identify the things that you're good at and like to do and then do them as best .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2014
Last Updated on January 3, 2014
Tags: writing, poetry, sad, love, lost, stupid

Author

Kristin
Kristin

Atlanta, GA



Writing
Accident Accident

A Poem by Kristin


By letter By letter

A Poem by Kristin