Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Today

Today

A Poem by Invisible Me
"

Grief, Loss,

"
Today

I Miss You Today, Differently From The Way I Miss You Everyday. Today, I Smiled So Much, My Jaws Actually Locked. Today, I Cried So Long And So Hard, My Tears Broke My Face Out In A Rash. Today, I Miss You Poking Fun At My “Not So Southern Twang”. Today, I Miss Feeling Tickled While Embarrassed In Public By Your Mispronunciations Of Any Word Over Two Syllables. Today, I Miss Waking To Hear, In Your Foghorn Leghorn Imitation “Good Monin My Missus” What A Silly Silly Man You Are. Today, I Miss Your Look. You Know The One I Mean. That Gaze You Give Me And Without A Single Word You Solidify In My Very Soul That You Love All Of Me. Today, I Miss Your Scent, Lingering To Embrace Me Until Your Bulging Arms Return To Enwrap Me. Today, I Miss You Singing Softly Out Of Tune In My Ear While We Cuddle Or While You Step On My Feet In Our Slow Dance. Oh My Love, So Very Much Today, I Miss Even The Slightest Of Your Touch, Simply Brushing My Hair Aside As You Kiss Me. That Is My Sun. So Completely Enmeshed I Am With The You Part Of Me Today. Today, I Ask, Am I Blessed? To Have Known “The You” That Makes Me “The Me” That Would Never Have Emerged If There Was No You. If So, How Great God Is Today. Today, I Ask, Am I Cursed? To Have Been Given You So Wholly Only To Have You Taken Away So Definitively. If So, How Cruel God Is Today? Today Soon Turns Into Tomorrow,  I’ll Miss You, Probably The Way I Do Everyday, Differently From The Way I Miss You Today.

© 2014 Invisible Me


Author's Note

Invisible Me
I Wanted To Write In My Youth. I Deterred Myself From Any Serious Pursuit Of That Ambition. I've Jotted Things Over The Decades Only To Dismiss It As A Fantasy. This Just Came Out Of My Being.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This makes me want to know how he was lost. What happened? I encourage you to keep writing, you touched on something very powerful here.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 16, 2014
Tags: Love Letter, Grief, Spoken Word, Poetry, Lyrics, Journal

Author

Invisible Me
Invisible Me

East Cleveland, OH



About
A Surprising Coming Attraction .. more..

Writing
Mooz Mooz

A Story by Invisible Me


Apology Apology

A Poem by Invisible Me