Wight Wings Chapter 1

Wight Wings Chapter 1

A Story by Andrea Fong
"

This is a story that is based off of a dream that I had that has constantly come back to haunt me. It is about a young girl who is a demon. She goes through many trials throughout her life.

"
Mourning beasts howled outside my window. The moon shone brilliantly as it casted shadows on to the silent lake outside. Grandfather always told me to never go outside because of my weak body. I was envious of the uncaring wildlife, compared to them I was just a bird trapped in a cage.My dark marble eyes followed from the glass door down to my hands where a lock had been placed to keep me in. A gold lock. The keys were always with grandfather and no matter how much I begged him he would never let me go outside. Absently my bony fingers traced the forbidden lines of the lock that barded my freedom. I bit down on my lips leaving the lock and turning towards my room.

It was a simple room with a large princess bed and simple full body mirror and a closet. The walls were a fancy marble white and next to my bed was a night stand, a lamp and a stool. It was a quiet night like every night.Seating myself I glanced at the single book that sat on the edge of my bed. It was a hardcover and fairly large. Inside the book contained stories about angels, demons and magical monsters.

Placing my hand over it I felt the smooth cold cover and took the book with both hands.Placing the book onto my lap I opened it revealing pictures of golden haired people with white feathered wings and people with dark hair and golden eyes that floated around a background of fire.

A small knock came at my door and I shut the book quickly hiding it beneath my pillow. My bare feet touched the cold floor and I carried the stool over to the door.Stepping onto it I peered through the small glass hole. On the other side was a young boy with thin black hair which was in a small half ponytail. He wore a white collar shirt and a plain black jacket.

Excitedly I got off of the stool and removed it from the path of the door. Turning the knob I smiled at the older boy in which he smiled back.”Frayne. Your grandfather is waiting for you. He says that it’s urgent and to come swiftly.” The boy gave a quick and short bow leading the path with his hand.

“Yes.Seki.” Obediently I walked out into the hallway with my bare feet feeling the crimson carpet hall. The only light came from the flashlight held by Seki the servant boy and my friend. The large windows that usually drew the darkness away with the light of moon were closed off by large black curtains.I paced down the hallway. The shadows danced their forbidden dance on their curtain stage.The air felt dense and sweet which was odd for a normal night.

Movement flashed at the edge of my eyes and I spun around my snow white hair twisted like a protective scarf around me. A feeling of fear and dread besieged me and I was now unsure about going to grandfather.

“Whats wrong?” Seki worried next to me. Shaking my head vaguely I hurried onward down the hall reaching a small oak door carved with flower patterns. Seki opened the door revealing the living room of the mansion.

Two large forest couches sat side by side in front of a long glass table. In the back two large stairs curved in a spiral like shape. On the opposite side of the stairs was a door to freedom but it was most likely locked. Standing in front of one open window was a tall muscular man. His eyes were blood red and he had long white hair tied in a large ponytail that protruded from his head hanging down towards his lower thigh. His hands were locked behind him as he turned facing us. He was clean shaven and looked like a young man in his thirties,the only signs of aging were seen in his sorrowful eyes.

“Leave us.”

I heard the door close behind me knowing full well that Seki had left us. The adult approached me. Every step he took made my heart pound abnormally. He gave off a very ghostly feeling. His shadow towered over me, I felt a bead of sweat drip down onto my cheek.

“What’s wrong my sweet child? Are you afraid of me?” His voice echoed in my mind as he bent over.

I flinched as his stone hand was placed on my cheek. I was too afraid to move. He wasn’t acting like normal. His fierce tone when he makes rancid jokes and threats. When he was like a ball of fire he was now like a stone statue. The tone that he used was scary. It felt as if the distatestful feys were whispering and flashing images of horror.

“My sweet child. My sweet,sweet child.Such a good kid you are Frayne. I love you with all my heart.” He pulled me into his bear arms. I couldn’t help but quiver slightly. The way he said those words made my spine freeze.

“But my time has come. You may still be a child but I have no doubts about you.As long as Adaseiki is by your side...” He whispered snowflakes,beautiful yet cold.

Opening my mouth words floated out of my mouth on their own. “I don’t understand grandfather,”He did not answer instead he continued to repeat the words “sweet child” in my ears.

My eyes were glued on to his broad chest until I heard movement.I looked around but saw a room only dimly lit by the moon. The couch’s shadow twisted and turned and the wind outside moaned and started to beat on the mansion violently.

An object dropped. I swiveled my eyes around me but saw nothing until I turned my head slightly to see a dimly lit white object lying on the ground. Squinting I struggled to see what it was but by the light of the moon the curvaceous shape and sharp point revealed a single white bone.

Tracing the bone and the route of it’s fall, my eyes widened in grotesque horror. I wish I hadn’t looked up, at that moment my eyes could not be unglued to the sight.On the ceiling a man in white robes was hanging. His rolled back white pupils stared down at me. His face was distorted to a scream. A kitchen knife had been keeping him on the ceiling.His body swayed and shook violently as if something within him was trying to escape.

I was stunned and before I knew what I saw  it exploded my eyes were splashed with a crimson liquid as I heard the laughter of the falling bones.Frantically I found my small clammy hands rubbing away the liquid from my obscured eyes.

I heard shuffling and felt my grandfather stand back up releasing me from his grip. A skittering sound aroused my ears creepily. Taking the sleeve of my white dress I wiped away the red only to see a pile of human bones that was originally just one. From the ceiling the  white robed man’s innards were torn and dripping with the horrible substance I had only heard from in the medical books,blood . I felt my knees become weak and I collapsed onto the ground gagging at the sight. The pile of bones dripped with torn pieces of flesh, the smell of the already rotting corpse was unbearable.

“My sweet Frayne. Do not be afraid I will always protect you from the human sins of this world.” My vision became blurry as I glanced at my grandfather.
Now protruding from his back were now white wings like an angel, but they were different. They were not feathery or silky they were dead and dry. There were no feathers but bones.

Weakly I shouted out for Seki. However my voice came out as a cough and a spurt of  my own blood.

“You shall be my heir.You will be the most powerful and the highest of ranking. You will bow to no one. Just like me...” I curled up into a ball closing my eyes in fear and desperation.

The man loomed over my fragile form, picking me up gently. Opening my black eyes slightly I saw the face of my grandfather as he carried me over to the pile of bones and flesh. Unsure of what he was doing my eyes became blurry once again. I heard a low grunt  and then I felt a thick smooth skin near my lips. Some metallic liquid was being forced into my mouth.

“Drink, my Frayne.” It had a thick texture and was salty at first but became to taste like water only it wasn’t. After several gulps I realized what is was and retracted my mouth from my grandfather’s wrist. I coughed and spat out the unpleasant taste.

I couldn’t see his face anymore other than his glowing vampiric eyes. Emotionlessly he flipped me over so that I wasn’t facing him but the pile of bones rotting with flesh. I started to squirm and kick but then I froze up for no reason. In my mind I was scared out of my wits and as if by some dark art I was now frozen in place.

I heard the sound of something ripping and I heard  my Grandfather shout out some sort of chant. Everything happened so quickly I was unsure what had happened but I felt a knife of some sort merge with my skin.

I screeched out in alarm but the knife was driven harder into my shoulder blades. Tears jumped everywhere and my eyes flashed multiple colours all at once. The burn in my shoulder blades was like nothing I had felt before.Throwing my head back I screeched again regaining my sense of movement  I fought the  pain ,swinging my legs  and I tried to roll over but was stopped by some sort of unfamiliar part of my body.

“So strong. My cute Frayne...” was all I heard when another knife like object was jabbed into my other shoulder blade.

© 2012 Andrea Fong


Author's Note

Andrea Fong
I wish to become a better writer so please give me good criticism. I would love it if you suggest ways for my writing to become better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is not much wrong with this piece. I think it’s quite good. Some readers will say change this while others will want you to alter it another way. The only real way to improve your writing is to read it over and over again out aloud until it sounds right.
Keep on writing.


Posted 11 Years Ago


You would like me to suggest ways to make your writing better?
To be honest, I can't see any faults with your writing. I cannot criticise you for that. This is the first ever story I have reviewed while being a member on here. (Joined last night.) I made a great choice. I fully enjoyed reading your work, and I will recommend it to all my friends.
Well done and keep writing. (Your good at it!)
Ellen.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I know you want me to find something wrong with this, but anything I say would just be nit picking. You're a very telented writer, and I don't just say that because I want a good review from you in return; I also want people to be brutally honest, It's a great way to improve. The only thing I can really suggest is looking through and fixxing some minor gramatic errors, but even those don't interupt the flow of this all that much. Congratulations, I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 21, 2012
Last Updated on November 21, 2012
Tags: demon, romance, friendship, fantasy, darkness, slight gore

Author

Andrea Fong
Andrea Fong

Canada



About
I love reading and writing. I especially love reading manga's and writing fanfiction. I get lots of good ideas but I find it hard to put it into words. If you have advice about writing stories I would.. more..