One Day Longer

One Day Longer

A Story by silhouette
"

Let this season never come again. Make it one day shorter. And when it is time for it to come again, make the season I am in one day longer.

"

The world that surrounds me smells like it is rotting yet dry, while with every step I take the sound of crunching follows behind. It is that time of the year again yet it means more to me then some season, for it brings blood.


I wish that it was one day shorter. That the soft crystals would fall from the sky and cover this messed up world in a blanket of white. Bring winter and make everything seem clean once more. This is where our time can stop, allowing us to be free in the clear landscape.


I wish it was one day shorter. That the sweet smell of beginnings would fill the air again. Let the velvet like petals fall from the trees rather than the leaves that signal the end. I want the beginning to start over. To hold hands with you down the road and start new memories. Ones that will erase the bad.


I wish it was one day shorter. That the heat would take over allowing you to relax beside me. Bring upon the late nights and early mornings. Less time for sleep and more time with you. For us to walk side by side along the water. Let the water that brushes our feet clean and the world of the blood you had to shed.


Now make it one day longer, for if my wish comes true, a year will pass in the blink of an eye returning me to this day. The memories of you linger in this season, bringing me back to that day. That man in black came for you, but not me in this season. He stands at the gate, guarding you. Not letting me in.


My fingers trace over the thick carvings in the stone. The name that will forever be engraved in it is one I will never forget. I cry for it is the only thing left for me to do. While a place these flowers down I walk away from the rows upon rows of rocks knowing that my time here is up. I am ready to leave and as I pass through the gate to leave you behind I only have one more thing to say.


“When will you take me, Death?”

© 2016 silhouette


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on January 17, 2016

Author

silhouette
silhouette

Canada



Writing
Rumors Rumors

A Chapter by silhouette