the bird inside a broken glasshouse

the bird inside a broken glasshouse

A Story by Starlit Dhrub
"

its about my life!!! its about how i felt about when i had troubles...and I've related it to the bird inside a broken house. the glasshouse itself is not broken but it's broken in the eyes of the bird

"
                              The bird inside the broken glasshouse
        
                      People come by, stare for a while and then walk by. That has been her story ever since she got trapped inside this cage. Among the many people who walk by, only few take pity for its condition but again they just walk away. Even as they take pity for her they could never understand her pain, her thirst for freedom.
                     She was born to fly, fly across the clouds and to travel places. She belonged in the sky but unfortunately no one seemed to get that. The bitter reality was that she was trapped inside this cage. The four big, huge glass walls are her worst curse that let her see the outside world but at the same time it’s the only thing that stands in her way of freedom. It makes her dream every single night of the beautiful world, her freedom and it’s also the cause which makes her weep to sleep every single night before she dreams of her freedom. The glass through which she sees the world is her biggest enemy.
                      As if her sufferings were not enough the upper part of the cage is covered from net. She tried a lot to fly away but she always ended up in the ground of the cage helpless flapping her wings to get up and try once more. Many times she hurt her wings but she never lost her courage. Every morning she got up and planned her escape and at the end of the day she found herself rolling on the ground. Sometimes she just sat on the branch of the tree and stare at the sky. She felt so close to it, she flapped her little ragged wings as harder as she could and took a deep leap towards the beautiful sky. She pushed herself with all the courage and tried to break the net but after sometimes she lost her strength and fell towards the ground helplessly. And then just in another moment she felt she lost the battle with life and closed her eyes. But as the new dawn came she opened her eyes with the same determination and same will power to escape, even more as each day passed by.
                    So, every night the little bird dreams of the beautiful world outside the glass house which is a beautiful fruit which she can’t taste. She suffers from paranoia that maybe a stronger beast will break the net and enjoy her as its lunch.  Some nights it rains like the sky is crying for her. As if the sky is also missing the beautiful bird playing and singing in her arms.  The rain makes her heart cold and suddenly she feels lonely. She misses her company as she realizes she lonely and bound stay like that until a miracle happens.  Frighten and lonely she weeps to sleep.
                    The only consolations are the people who are walking along the path, who stop by and watch her try to break free. They are her inspiration. Their smile and their gaze inspire her. Those smile makes her forget about her sufferings and she tries to make their smile last long. She flaps her wings but elegantly dancing around the bushes. When she sees them smile at her tricks she feels satisfied that at least she can make other happy though she’s full of pain in the inside. When she sees their smiles she forgets her worries, her fear and enjoys the moment like she flying in the open sky.

© 2012 Starlit Dhrub


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the story. I think I speak for most people when I say we all have times of feeling trapped, times of complete helplessness, when all we want is to break out of our "cage". I also loved the ending, how the bird is motivated by the happiness she brings to others, however it also gives the hint that she puts on an act in order to please others. Also loved the style, keep it up!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starlit Dhrub

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!!!!



Reviews

Very good and heartful I love

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love the story. I think I speak for most people when I say we all have times of feeling trapped, times of complete helplessness, when all we want is to break out of our "cage". I also loved the ending, how the bird is motivated by the happiness she brings to others, however it also gives the hint that she puts on an act in order to please others. Also loved the style, keep it up!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starlit Dhrub

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!!!!
I think everyone now and then can relate to the trapped bird. And i love this story becuase it reminds me that hope is a key factor to freeiing yourself. thank you

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starlit Dhrub

11 Years Ago

your welcome and thank you!!!!
A bird, a glass house, Starlit Dhrub, A wonderful and captivating story, what else? Ok, its great, impressive. I must add this, this story kind of speak of a reality. Nice job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starlit Dhrub

11 Years Ago

thank you so much my friend!!!!
This was a great story. I really enjoyed reading it. I liked the desire to escape as well. I loved the metaphor. It was great. Thanks for sharing.,

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starlit Dhrub

11 Years Ago

welcome and thanks
Wow, this story's sad... i like it though, it's well written. good work Starlit

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starlit Dhrub

11 Years Ago

thank you barklight
beautifully written extended metaphor, this made me sad, but you did a good job writing it, I could picture everything.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starlit Dhrub

11 Years Ago

well thank you!!! sorry it made you sad!!!
I liked it, it's full of a gentle sadness and the sense of trapped yearning. It's more of a feeling than a story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starlit Dhrub

11 Years Ago

well its what i meant to do!!!! thanks for your lovely comment
The poem had a sad sense to the words. The bird become a actor for other to hide the pain. I like the desire to escape. Made me sad to understand the bird accepted less then freedom. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

870 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 9, 2012
Last Updated on October 9, 2012

Author

Starlit Dhrub
Starlit Dhrub

kathmandu, Nepal



About
my name is dhruba yonzon. I'm from Nepal. writing has been a medicine of mine to escape reality. i usually write for myself, to make myself feel good. and i hope to be a well respected author. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Starlit Dhrub



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..