A Light at the End of the Tunnel

A Light at the End of the Tunnel

A Story by TPK Stories
"

Reid was so tired of his job and having to go to work day after day. He resented having to live paycheck to paycheck. He was tired of never having time for his wife, Tara, and their three children

"

A Light at the End of the Tunnel




Reid was so tired of his job and having to go to work day after day. He resented having to live paycheck to paycheck. He was tired of never having time for his wife, Tara, and their three children, Jared, 10, Micah, 7, and Brianna, 4. It seemed that he never had any time for them anymore. The job at the office was bearing a heavy load on him. He wanted something more for him and his family, but life had dealt him this lot in life. He was afraid he would just have to settle for what came his way and learn to live his non-existent life and never have time to take his pretty wife out on dates and spend hours enjoying his three beautiful children. So Reid learned and accepted this way of life.


One day in late June, Reid was checking his mailbox when he sees a strange letter in his mailbox. It is a letter from some uncle he’s never heard of, Uncle Ray. He opens it up only to discover a check for $1,000,000 signed by Uncle Ray. Also accompanied with the check is another sheet of paper telling him to complete some mission before he can have the money. The letter tells him that he must visit his mother, his two brothers and two sisters, and bring flowers to his grandmother’s grave. 


It sounded like an easy task for him to do, except for his mother, two brothers and two sisters hadn’t spoken to him since he met and married Tara. They had never even seen his three children. They never like Tara and thought that he was making a mistake by marrying her. His grandmother even went to her grave upset with Reid for marrying Tara. Uncle Ray never liked the animosity between them, so he cooked up this plan for them to make amends and make them all rich if they all agreed to his terms.
Reid showed the letter from Uncle Ray to his wife. She told Reid that he should do what Uncle Ray’s letter said. She thought it was sad that someone had to dangle money in front of them to make amends with family, but if that’s what had to be done, then he should at least honor his Uncle Ray’s request. He kissed his wife and went to make calls to his mother, two brothers, and two sisters about making a visit to see them.

© 2012 TPK Stories


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G!o
Sad walk of life. I wish people would appreciate things even if they aren't what they used to be..."She thought it was sad that someone had to dangle money in front of them to make amends with family..."

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Things are so simple - until they aren't...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 30, 2012
Last Updated on May 30, 2012

Author

TPK Stories
TPK Stories

Boise, ID



About
more..

Writing
Plot Plot

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by TPK Stories