Lonely

Lonely

A Poem by Alexa C
"

More of a vent writing than a poem

"

I’ve recently figured out there’s a difference between being alone and being lonely.  Being alone can be healthy. It gives you time to get your s**t together and figure things out. It allows you some space to focus on you and your goals and aspirations. Oh, but being lonely. Being lonely is so much different. Being in a long term relationship that sucks every ounce of happiness out of you, putting on a smile every single day for a job you hate, and leaving everyone and everything behind to make someone else happy, while not a single soul sees the pain in your eyes, the suffering in your heart, or the physical and mental exhaustion this puts you through; that is lonely.

 

I am lonely.

© 2016 Alexa C


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are right. You described the words with skill and truth. Thank you Alexa for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Could use some work, but makes valid points and thoughts. Perhaps, organize it in the stanza format, then figure out a way to work with your words so that it becomes more of an art (not to seem to critical of your poem). Working with word choice and organizing your words can really have an effect on readers. It give the reader a sense of awe and certainly works for great reviews. I know I'm not the best at this, but it's true. Also, add in some rhyme. This was a bit more of a thoughtful write, not exactly a poem, though sad.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Alexa C

7 Years Ago

This was not intended to be a poem. I put in the description that it was more of a venting writing t.. read more
Tessa Melendez

7 Years Ago

Oh okay then.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2016
Last Updated on August 1, 2016

Author