Fallen Grace

Fallen Grace

A Poem by Lewis Tedesco

FALLEN GRACE

I have loved you more than you could possibly know. I have known you since the beginning of time. I sat, quietly, waiting for your arrival. I disobeyed, I fell, and I was flung to the ground by the very power which has held me in its Grace. All because I have fallen in love with the one thing that we are not supposed to get tangled with…your heart. I have heard its heartbeat all of my life, yet, I never knew what it actually was. It was always a strange metronome in my head that I could never place the origin to…and I know why now. You had not been created. I have known you all of this time, and I would give up my Grace a thousand times over, my immortal life to live with you in this mortal turmoil that we call humanity. If it meant that I got to be with you, then that would be worth a thousand purgatories over again and again. It would make up for the disappointment that my Father feels in me right now. It would make up for the loneliness that I have been feeling for my entire life. I have prayed, selfishly, for this to become a reality, and for once, I do not feel ashamed for being selfish. I feel alive, for the first time in a long time, and I do not want this to fade away. Alas, I am too late to save you from the fate that you have chosen for yourself, but I do know that even if I have to crawl this world a thousand times over, I will find the body that your soul has been reborn and renewed into this time. I will find you. I love you.

[This is an original work by Lewis Tedesco. All materials are copyright protected. Materials, in part or in whole, shall not be replicated without first the consent of the original author.]

© 2011 Lewis Tedesco


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on April 26, 2011
Last Updated on April 26, 2011

Author

Lewis Tedesco
Lewis Tedesco

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I have always loved to write. It has been something I have wanted to do ever since I could hold a pencil in my hand and I tried to spell my name. My life long dream is to be a journalist. I was born.. more..

Writing