Lycanthrophy

Lycanthrophy

A Poem by Lewis Tedesco

LYCANTHROPHY

The night has come again, and with it the wolves have descended onto this heart of mine. I do not dare to let it beat to loud because I fear that it will draw them closer into the hiding place that I keep your memory. It has been what seems like an eternity since I have dared to think of you only because I know that to do so will doom my heart. The nighttime is the hardest time to not think, to imagine that we never existed together in the same space. Even though it happened and it is over and we have gone our ways, I still feel like the empty moon on a dark night, with no light to give out to anything anymore, with no purpose, the moon that the wolves do not pay attention to, which can be a good thing. Alas, there is hope though. If the wolves do take this heart beat from me, then I can finally live no longer in this pain that has been my eternal cage on this earth. I can be set free. Oh what a predicament I am in, do I let the wolves take my last heart beat and dare to think of you again, thus making my heart sing at the top of its lungs, or do I continue to oppress you and live this unlighted, moonless night in my mind over and over again?

[This is an original work by Lewis Tedesco. All materials are copyright protected. Materials, in part or in whole, shall not be replicated without first the consent of the original author.]

© 2011 Lewis Tedesco


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on April 26, 2011
Last Updated on April 26, 2011

Author

Lewis Tedesco
Lewis Tedesco

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I have always loved to write. It has been something I have wanted to do ever since I could hold a pencil in my hand and I tried to spell my name. My life long dream is to be a journalist. I was born.. more..

Writing