Solitary

Solitary

A Poem by alwaysmovefast

She rips open the part of her that makes her whole, exposing her fears to the world she only knows,
the world which becomes oblivious to the blood shed tears.
She cries in the night, tossing and turning, attempting to break the chains that hold her hostage in this windowless room tonight.
The bottle has gone empty. There's no more time left at the brim, 
no more opportunities left to forget the slamming door.

The pillows and the sheets whisper silence and share the cold with her skin.
Gripping at the cover, hoping for a miracle but believing that it will never come; it's awakening the ghost in her heart
"Stay with me and we can waste away in these stars together" she screamed silently. 
Holding onto hope that time will reverse, with the weaving of his arms around her small curved waist.
The belief that all that had existed within the space between their entangled fingers had disappeared in the shadows of longing.
Yearning, praying for a second chance so he may return and fulfill the emptiness left in the chambers of a beating crimson soul.

Tearing apart piece by piece, letters of unspoken words, falling into the dark oasis of a failed success.
Stripped of her happiness, left cold on the linoleum floor with nothing holding her together but the residue of his fingertips.
Tears have wasted away and spilled down her cheeks, stealing away her 24 hours as it rolls down onto what is left of her.
Beside her lies emptiness which lingers in the air as a ghost watching over her. Its eyes piercing through the windows of her soul, seeing nothing  but its reflection.
She fears to cry any longer since it only leads to further self-destruction.
Memories swimming in the sea of tragedy. 
No more is left for the future.
He has gone, she has left and nothing will always stay.

© 2010 alwaysmovefast


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 14, 2010
Last Updated on September 17, 2010