The Nerd Next Door

The Nerd Next Door

A Story by Rondida
"

A little preview to a secondary book

"

Chapter One

 

 

        It wasn’t so stupid to be lighting your own pants on fire. The stupid part is doing it while you’re wearing it. Sadly, Jackson was such an idiot; he actually lit his pants on fire while wearing it.

 “You do know you could die?” I said, grabbing onto the fire extinguisher. Jackson just stared at the small flame on the end of his jeans in amazement. “Idiot,” I breathed, sitting across from him.

He looked up with a cheesy smile on his perfect face. “Well, I always wanted my ashes in a fancy vase in my family’s living room. So this is the perfect way to die.”

I rolled my eyes and patted out the fire. “I can’t have you dead right now, Jacks.” Especially not now, since he’s going to be transferring into my high school this fall. I was still confused if it was good or bad that Jackson, my only best friend in the whole world, is going to my school where I’m just a loser. Or a “Noser” as they all say. Jackson is oblivious to my loser/nerd-like self since we’ve been best friends since we were born. We both were born and raised in Bay King and lived next door to each other since day one. Well, Jackson actually is a year older, so we’re not exactly twin material. However, he is perfect material and I’m that material that no one has ever heard of and finds itchy the second they touch it.

Jackson sighed, placing a hand on my bare foot and forcefully wiggled my toes. “You do know you don’t really need me in high school, right?” he asked, continuously playing with my pinky toe. I wish I could tell him that I am a loser, but then he might not believe me or not want to talk to me. So, I’m stuck with that ugly secret and am waiting to see his reaction when he finds out himself.

A snort came out unexpectedly. I blushed slightly and bit my lower lip. He looked at me with a grin, and then looked back down at my toes. “Would still like me if I were a loser?” I asked, hoping his answer was yes. I never asked that question so it caught him off guard.

He stared at me straight in my eyes and his hand left my toes. “Beverly, I’d love you if you had zits bigger than my fists, talked like a monkey, and had a weird hair condition that makes you look like Big Foot. So yeah, I would still like you if you were a loser.” His words were playful but his face was sincere. Those words stitched onto my heart from then on.

I then realized that maybe high school wouldn’t be such a bad thing. Jackson would protect me from the evil teens who call themselves popular and I would actually have someone to talk to during school hours besides teachers. Then I suddenly remembered one thing: Jackson is perfect. He will fall into the vortex of beautiful, perfect people and would leave me in the dust. Maybe Jackson going to Bay King High School was a bad thing.

© 2011 Rondida


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is cute, I like it but I'm just wondering - is it normal to play with your friends toes? Seems weird. Haha, but I can tell this is going to be a great story, goof job!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2011
Last Updated on August 3, 2011

Author

Rondida
Rondida

I live on a street :D, PA



About
Okay, so instead of writing something lazy and demanding, I've decided to actually write my about me. No, my real name is not Rondida, yes, it is made up. One thing I have not a clue of is if I'.. more..

Writing
The Complications The Complications

A Chapter by Rondida


Seven Hearts Seven Hearts

A Book by Rondida