Lowly ideals.

Lowly ideals.

A Story by Blackie Collar
"

start of a shorty. maybe one day it will be finished.

"
       She wasn't beautiful but she wasn't average either. She was cute bordering on pretty, couple that with an ability to coax out every drop of elegance through keen fashion sense, and body language, you had an attractive woman filling your eyes. 
         Now when it came to social graces; kindness and dignity guided her every action as she rounded the room. She was calculated, she was methodical, she was nurturing.She was low tide on the surface, but if you wer e perceptive, there was an undertow hidden just beneath. Beneath every graceful movement, every confident moment of eye contact, every sincere smile, there was the soft pull of condescension, sucking the room into the sea of her intellect. It seemed to me that she wanted us to feel so happy and privileged to be in her presence and that we could learn much from her successes.  She carried herself not like an individual but more like an ideal. 
These were my first impressions of Adriana.

   As she worked the room I observed her from the corner. My token attire for a night of socializing:
Chucks, jeans, black hoodie, and a fine single malt scotch in my hand.(one cube)
I'm not tall, dark, and Latino but i have an agreeable enough look to be desirable to the fairer sex.  I dress simply with a point to achieve timelessness. I've always snickered at individuals who while flipping through old photos wonder: "what was I thinking wearing that?!" 
It's been well documented that fashion is a fickle leader. If you are sheepish enough to follow the trends then why are you surprised that now you looked ridiculous according to the all seeing, flip floppy eye of fashion? The glasses are what get everyone, more specifically the big thick framed glasses. It boggles my mind that this generation, the same generation who reluctantly submitted when mom forced them to watch old family slides, who then exacted revenge on mom by ridiculing mom's "big, ugly, frames!" would be the same generation to seek out the same big, ugly, frames like they were post apocalyptic protein bars .
 I digress.
   I dress simply because the most righteous part of my self righteousness feels that character, not clothes, should be the imprint you leave on individuals.
These were not Adriana's views.         

© 2014 Blackie Collar


Author's Note

Blackie Collar
say what you want.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on May 19, 2014
Last Updated on May 19, 2014
Tags: Blackie collar, adriana