Green Eyes

Green Eyes

A Story by steve
"

A man meets a woman in a bar with the greenest eyes he'd ever seen, and she invites him back to her place.

"
                                                             Green Eyes

It was getting late when he entered the bar which was at the end of the street just before the taxi place.  His plan was to have one or two more drinks, then head home.  He had plenty of money in his trouser pocket, so he could afford the fare.  Catching a taxi home especially on a Thursday night shouldn’t be a problem.  He didn’t have work in the morning, so that was an added bonus.  
His name was Peter and he was in his early twenties.  That night he was dressed very smart, and he’d had his haircut earlier that day, so he felt pretty good.  He would be lying if he didn’t admit to himself that he felt rather drunk.  It had been a cracking night meeting up with two good mates which he hadn’t seen for sometime.  Because both had work the next day they had already gone home.
Peter walked into the posh bar and looking around noticed the place was quite packed.  He took a quick peek at his watch and the time was 11.23pm.  He waited for a barman to see him, then ordered his drink.  He took a swig, it tasted good.
This is when he noticed something.  The greenest eyes he had ever seen were only a few metres from him.  Peter for a few seconds was mesmerised, but then out of slight embarrassment he looked away.  He took another mouthful.  A hand was felt on his shoulder and he turned round.  First he noticed the light green eyes staring back, then a voice said, “I saw you from the end of the bar.  Have you had a good night?”
Peter needed to sort his head out as he felt rather foolish, and answered the best he could, “Yes, it‘s been a great night.  And if you don’t mind me saying you’ve got the most beautiful coloured eyes.”
She laughed, it was a nice laugh.  She then said, “Well, if you like my eyes that much, just think how much you’ll love the rest of me.”
Peter stared at her lips and they were the reddish lips he’d ever clapped eyes on, and her skin was whiter than white.  Her hair was jet black and long as it swept down her back.  She was very attractive indeed.
“I’m sorry.  You must think I’m a creep,” he said.  “I don’t usually pick up girls like this.  I must apologise.”
She came nearer, “You have nothing to feel sorry about.  I came to you.”
He laughed, then said, “Actually you did.  But I feel bad for staring before.  You must of thought I was a weirdo.”
She put a finger to his mouth, and replied softly, while looking into his eyes, “I like you, and I want you to come with me now.  So, what do you think of that idea?”
Peter couldn’t believe his luck.  He’d only been in this bar for about five minutes, and by the looks of it he had already pulled.  How easy was that.
He put his beer down, then said excitedly, “Let’s go.”
She got hold of his hand and both made their way out of the bar.
She led him passed the building where there was only one taxi parked in front, must have been a busy night.  And both excited as can be then made their way down a road where there was no street lamps of any kind.  She peered back at him and seemed to be smiling, but it was hard to tell because of the lack of light.  Peter then neared the girl and said in her ear, “Where are we heading?”
She pulled him closer, and replied while touching him in between the legs, “You’ll find out in a minute.  Come on, follow me.”
He did what he was told.  And at this point he was feeling quite aroused.
Within the next five minutes they’d reached a park which had a narrow path running all the way through it.
She turned to him, and said, “By the way, my name is Laura.”
Peter couldn’t help himself and looking deep into her eyes he found himself kissing her.  When he’d realised what had happened, he said rather embarrassed, “I didn’t mean to do that.  Please forgive me.”
She giggled, and with her hand she ran it through his hair, then answered, “When we get back to my place you can do anything to me that you’ve ever dreamt of doing to a woman.  Do you like the sound of that?”
Peter didn’t know what to say, but agreed by nodding his head.  She seemed pleased by that response.  Both carried on with the journey.

………………………………................................................................................................

Knock, knock.
They stood at the front door, and Laura seeming annoyed about something, said, “Well, at least I have my front door key.”
She put the key in the lock and this is when Peter noticed something strange.  He didn’t say a thing, but followed her into the house.  She ran up the stairs and instinctively he ran after her.  At the top he was a bit out of breath, looking about he couldn’t see her anywhere.  Then only a couple of metres away he saw a door slightly open.  This is when he noticed an odd smell coming from it as it lingered in the air.  He approached the door and was just about to push it open when a voice screamed from behind him.
“Stay away from that room.”
He turned and Laura stood there with a very grave look on her face.  The moment their eyes met she smiled at him, and she said in a very calm manner, “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to shout at you.  My brother’s a sleep, and if he wakes up he’s a nightmare if you know what I mean.”
Peter laughed, not really understanding the logic behind that one, as her voice would’ve woken up the poor soul.  But he replied in a positive way, “That’s fine, I just thought you’d gone in there.  As for a second you’d vanished from sight.”
She laughed herself, now seeing the funny side.  “Come on, follow me.”
And so he did.
Further down the landing they came to another door and she pushed it open.  “Welcome to my room.”
Peter made his way in not really knowing what to expect.
“Sit down on the bed,” she said softly.  “You look hot, take off your shirt.”
Firstly he took off his jacket, then began unbuttoning his shirt.  He glanced up at her and she was licking her lips.  This is when he started to feel aroused again, as his mind spun with exhilaration.  From the hallway a bang was heard.  
Peter was just about to kiss her when she backed away from him.  “What’s wrong?” he asked, confused.
She was now standing up, her back to him.  Then she answered with frustration in her voice, “Promise me you’ll stay here.  There’s something I need to sort out.  It won’t take too long hopefully.”
She gave him a quick smile before leaving the room, shutting the door in the process.
Peter then thought back to the front door key.  Maybe the key at some point was dropped in a pot of red paint.  Well, silly things like that do happen.
All of a sudden another loud bang echoed through the house.  Peter worried for the girl left the room and made his way down the hallway.  He called out her name, there was no answer.  Where could she be?
He peered down the stairs and couldn’t see her anywhere.  He scratched the side of his head and wondered what could have happened to make her rush off the way she did.  Why did she seem so nervous?  He could see it in her eyes.
He sighed and was just about to make his way back to her bedroom when the door which faced him was still slightly ajar.  She had said that was her brother’s room.  Curiosity got the better of him and he decided to have a quick peek.  Peter not knowing if it was a good idea or not, as he still felt quite drunk, neared the room, then stopped only an inch from where he could have a good look inside.  There was a ceiling light on as it dazzled through the little opening.  Carefully he peered in, and for a second all he saw were patches of dark red while they covered the bed sheets and a part of the wall.  Then he saw the body.  The wrists slashed with what looked like a knife.  The face was turned away from him, but from the size of the body it seemed small like it was a child’s.  Terror overtook him and he fell back, nearly falling down the stairs.  
His head spun.  What the hell was going on here?
Suddenly a man’s voice from downstairs was heard shouting, “Why, why?”
Peter then had a very bad feeling that Laura was in grave danger.  
He rushed down the stairs, still hearing the man ranting and raving.  At the bottom he saw the doorway to the living room, and running to it he peered inside.  This is when he realised what was really going on.  A man in his late fifties sat on the floor, a metre from him stood Laura.  In her hand she held a knife.
The man noticed Peter standing in the doorway, and screamed, “Please help us.  This woman is deranged.”
Before Peter could do anything Laura stabbed the man in the throat, blood running down his pyjamas.  She then turned to him, a calmness expressed on her face. And she said, “Mummy, I wish you were here.”
What the hell did that mean? he thought to himself.  
“What the hell is going on here?” he shouted, walking towards her.
Laura had a smile on her face, then she giggled while playing with the knife.  “Do you like games?” she asked.  “Fun games I mean.”  She began to dance around the room, her eyes glazed.
This bird was a psycho, why the hell did he come back with her?
“What the hell are you doing?  Who are these people?” he yelled.
Laura stopped dancing.  She peered at him sadly, before replying, “This house means a great deal to me.  What’s your problem, Peter?” she said, looking all of a sudden disappointed in him.
He couldn’t take anymore.  He stared at the man dressed in his pyjamas.  His eyes blank.  His body covered in his own blood.  The shelf just above where he lay showed a photograph of him and his family.  Smiles on all their faces.
She had dropped the knife thankfully and now made her way to the window which overlooked the street.  Then she said in a sad sort of way, “It’s a cold place out there.  When I was very young my family left me, and ever since that day I have felt alone and unhappy, until I saw you staring at me.  You gave me something no one has ever given me before, and this is why I invited you back, to share something with you which means a great deal to me.”  She glanced at him waiting for a response.  The moonlight coming through the window shone on her face and hair.  For a second he thought she looked like an angel.  Then he came to his senses.
“I’m ringing the police,” he said.  His heart raced.  He’d had enough of this psycho s**t.  He turned his back on her searching for a phone, as he’d left his mobile at home accidentally.
He walked down the hallway heading for the kitchen, as a telephone could usually be found there.  Then he felt someone pushing him to the floor.  He looked up and she was above him trying to bite his face.  With all his strength he fought her off and got back up.  Still she kept coming trying to claw his eyes with her finger nails.  Once he’d entered the kitchen she came for him again.  Without thinking he picked up the nearest item then smashed it across her skull.  She let out a yelp, then fell to the floor.
“Jesus Christ,” he said under his breath.  In his hand he held a toaster.
Then he saw another body just a metre from the oven.  Her head split open like she’d been hit several times with something heavy.  He then recognised her from the photo in the living room.  Peter felt sick and spewed everywhere.  By his feet was Laura.  Her eyes were closed and blood ran from the top of her head covering the floor below her.
He needed to ring the police.
Looking about him he saw a phone and straightaway picked it up.  He dialled the number and waited.  At the other end a woman’s voice was heard while she said, “How can I hep you?”
Without hesitation he answered, “I need the police, this is very serious.”
Peter then explained everything.

………………………………................................................................................................

He sat on the sofa in the living room and the body only a couple of metres from him began to smell.  What a night, he kept thinking.  Suddenly a knock was heard.  He quickly got up and ran to the entrance of the house and opened it.  Before him stood two police officers.  One of the men looked in his thirties.  The other one was much older.
The older man then said with a serious look, “So what’s happened, sir?  We received a call that a murder has taken place at this address.  Is this correct?”
Peter noticed the man looked very uncomfortable while saying this, and answered the best he could in the circumstances, “Well, it’s worse than that.  In one of the bedrooms upstairs there’s a kid, and in the living room there’s an older man.  And in the kitchen is a woman who I suspect to be the mother.”
The younger officer then asked, “So, what happened?”
Peter didn’t really know how to explain it, but done the best he could.  “I met a girl in a bar only a short distance from here, and she invited me back to her house, which was this house.  While we were in her bedroom she hurried off without saying much.  This is when I decided to look for her, thinking she was in trouble.  That’s when I came across the body of the poor kid.  Then I heard a man’s voice from downstairs and straightaway I thought the girl was in trouble.”  He looked away from them seeing suspicion in their eyes.  “Look, she tried to attack me in the kitchen and I hit her very hard with a toaster.  If you don’t believe me, then look for yourself.”
The younger officer nodded reluctantly, then made his way towards the kitchen area while saying, “Watch him, Jack.”
The older officer gave him the once over, disgust on his face, and said gravely, “I don’t know what’s occurred here.  But the city will be rocked by this.  With everything that’s happened, especially in this house.”  He turned his back and sighed.
What was he talking about?
“This house?” asked Peter, needing an answer.
The man coughed and was just about to answer when the other officer suddenly appeared, shouting, “Cuff him, Jack.”
Before Peter could say a word he was pushed against the wall and handcuffed.  He was scared beyond belief.  What the hell was going on?
The younger officer pushed him through the open doorway towards the police car which was parked along the road.
“Where’re you taking me?” he screamed.  “Didn’t you see the girl on the floor, the one that caused all this?”
Before he was pushed into the backseat the officer then said, “There was only one body in the kitchen..  How could you’ve done this, you b*****d.  How could you kill an entire family.  You’ll go away for a lot of years for this.”
Peter was shocked not knowing what to say, but he pleaded with them that it wasn’t him who had caused this.  They pushed him into the car.  He now had this feeling he was completely screwed.

………………………………................................................................................................

The older policeman turned his head in Peter’s direction.  “Why did you do it, kid?”
Peter didn’t answer as he couldn’t see the point anymore.  Then he noticed the car pass one of the pubs he’d been in earlier.  That night a football match had been on the big screen, but it was now a distant memory.  How could everything go so badly wrong in the course of one night.  
The older officer then said while looking towards the road in front, “You youngsters now, with your violent computer games and your lack of respect.  I don’t understand you kids these days.  I need to ask you a question, how did you know?”
Peter finally answered the man, not knowing what he meant, “How did I know about what?”
“Stop messing with me, boy.  How did you know that twenty years ago on this night a family were butchered in that house?”
“What?” he shouted, not believing what he was hearing.
The man seemed disappointed by this, and replied like he was deep in thought, “You saw it on the internet didn‘t you..  Since the internet has been about people just seem to get worse, causing all sorts of trouble.” 
Peter needed to know.  “So, explain to me what happened?”
The man peered in his direction.  With sadness in his eyes, he said, “A mother by the name of Linda Robinson killed her entire family twenty years ago.  And this is something I don’t understand as at the time she was pregnant.  She gave birth to a beautiful daughter while in prison, but then her child was taken into care.  Such a shame.”
“What happened to the daughter?” Peter asked, getting a bad feeling.
The man sighed, then replied, “I saw her once as she lived close by only for a short time, and I was interested in seeing how she was doing, and there is one thing I noticed.”  he stopped again, then wiped his eyes.
“What did you notice?” Peter asked, his heart beating some.
The man glanced away for only a second before looking back, and saying, “She had the same colour eyes as her mother.  The greenest eyes you’d ever seen.”
Peter felt a chill run through him.

                                                                The End

© 2013 steve


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review



A good, suspensful tory.
I noticed a few things.
The greenest eyes he had ever seen was(WERE) only a few metres from him.

THe last sentence would read better "Peter felt a chill run through him." Using the word "then" weakens the sentence.

In othr places you need to make your sentences stronger by either leaving out unnecessary words or phrasing them differently. Many times "less is more".

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

steve

10 Years Ago

Yes I agree completely, too many overlong sentences. Thank you, Marie, you're definitely a good tea.. read more



Reviews

Poor guy, it really wasn't the end to the night out that he was expecting! I actually thought she was going to kill him, but what you've done to him is probably far worse haha...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

steve

10 Years Ago

Yep, sure is. What should of turned out to be the luckiest night of his life turned into his worst .. read more


A good, suspensful tory.
I noticed a few things.
The greenest eyes he had ever seen was(WERE) only a few metres from him.

THe last sentence would read better "Peter felt a chill run through him." Using the word "then" weakens the sentence.

In othr places you need to make your sentences stronger by either leaving out unnecessary words or phrasing them differently. Many times "less is more".

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

steve

10 Years Ago

Yes I agree completely, too many overlong sentences. Thank you, Marie, you're definitely a good tea.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 12, 2013
Last Updated on September 16, 2013

Author

steve
steve

Norwich



About
Hi, I hope you enjoy my short stories. I've been writing for sometime now, and thoroughly enjoy it. To be honest, I find it quite addictive. Even when I'm at work I am thinking about the next story.. more..

Writing
Family Family

A Story by steve


Lockdown Lockdown

A Story by steve


Evil Elves Evil Elves

A Story by steve